Fall Together

[Brennan]

I knocked on the main base's door.  The place is not looking too good.  I'm hoping nothing extreme went on here.

I'm greeted with a shotgun to my face.  6 foot 4 and full of muscles.  Purple suit, can't think of the guy's name.

"Don't move."  He said.

He glanced at the tape with the tiger design I made.

"Alright.  Get in."

I walked inside, barely anyone here.  I was lead to a room.  Guess I'm going along with whatever they want.

"Someone killed Jonathan."  He said.

"What?"

"You heard me I know you did.  You gonna help us out?  I know you're a good driver, Brennan."

"I can do a bit more than that."

"Well do I need a guy to fuck around the problem or do I want a driver to help me solve the problem!?"

I'm very confused right now.  A lot of questions going through my head.  Better just blurt out something.

"What is even the problem!?"  I say.

He angrily replies with "You don't know!?  You don't know what's been going on for the past couple months?  You don't know my name do you?"

"Yeah."

"Ugh, it's Rivers."

"Is that a code name or were you abandoned in a river?"

He pulls a gun on me but gladly an old friend in her old grey trench coat comes to save me.

"I think we should be a bit nicer to a recovering patient."  She says.

"Oh hey Laura."  I say.

"So you know her but you forget Rivers.  Alright.  Organization split into two after Edd went crazy and shot Peter understood?"

"Peter... Checkers right?"  I question.

"The name of Checkers was given over to a new guy.  Jonas."

Laura says "Oh yeah is he here?"

"No he's on holiday, fucking YES!"  Rivers says angry as always.

Can I just leave?  I'm not gonna attempt it since if Rivers over here has the guts to point a gun at a good driver, he has the guts to kill a traitor.

We planned out for a bit, what to do.  Everything is flawed.  We'll be dead if we do any of these ideas.

Annoyed by all the bad ideas, I say "One of us gonna die if we do one of these idiotic plans!"

"This is Jonathan we're talking about."

"Hmm.  Then I'm willing to fall together with the guy who killed Jonathan."

After I said that I think Rivers started liking me a bit more.  He's a bit more open to what I have to say.  Did everyone like Jonathan?  I sure did, he was a good guy.  A good leader, a good friend.  All around good.  I hope the terrible human being who killed him is dead soon.

After we decided on a plan, Rivers said this.

"We need one more thing."

"What is it?"  I questioned.

"A distraction of some sort.  I know where the other half of the organization would mostly be.  A small outpost in Colorado.  I'd like you to cause some havoc over there so it's a bit easier to pull this off."

"You just wished death upon me but if death is upon the murderer, I'll do it."

"That's the spirit."

Am I going insane?