Chapter 1 The Beginning

My name is Marley and I'm nine years old. I have a twin sister named Serena. We have six older siblings, our parents got a divorce and our dad got remarried, only our new stepmom is not all she's cracked up to be. Our stepmom's name is McKenzie, and she may look nice, but she really isn't. She doesn't like how much time our dad spends with us, she's rude, nasty, and mean. She tries to separate us all the time and threatened to put us up for adoption if we told Dad about what she was doing to us. She was really mean to us and when we want to do anything, she tells us to stop being whiny little brats, she spends all her time and energy into her kids. We tried to tell dad, but she would always say that we are making it up and trying to get attention. He only believed it for the first year then saw how mean she was so dad divorced her. She didn't like that so she kidnapped us and said that if Dad didn't forget about the divorce, he would never see us again. We were scared to death and Serena was always fighting with McKenzie and I had a lot of nightmares ever since. Serena would always save me and try to calm me down. I may be scared of a lot of things, but Serena is my twin, my other half. We sometimes sleep in the same room because we're twins and when we were babies, Serena would scream and cry if anyone tried to separate us. When she'd scream, Mom and Dad would just let us sleep in the same room because Serena would stop screaming. There will forever be the story of Serena screaming the house down all because we were almost separated. Now, I'm going to tell you about Serena and I, We have red hair and blue-gray eyes. We like to read and write; Serena likes to sing while I like to play the violin and the flute. Serena likes sports and she's on a swim team, I can't because I have asthma. Serena and I are really close, we're not just twin sisters, we're best friends. We do everything together and I don't like to go anywhere without Serena. We rarely have a fight and we're always together.

"Serena, Marley, we have to get to school." Teddy said, "Okay." I said. Serena and I ran downstairs in our matching outfits, purple shirts, black skirts, and black combat healed boots. We grabbed our backpacks (Serena-purple, me-blue), and matching lunch boxes, mine was blue with dog paw prints and Serena's was purple with cat paw prints. We love animals, We went and got into Benny's car and he drove us to school. Before school started, Serena and I saw a girl we didn't know and thought she must be new. Serena walked right up to her while I hung back a little.

"Hi, my name is Serena, and this is my twin Marley, what's your name?" Serena said, "I'm Emma." The girl said, "Are you new here?" Serena asked, "Yeah, today's my first day." Emma said, "Well, stick with Marley and I, we'll show you the ropes." Serena said.

We walked into our classroom and our teacher, Mrs. Miller said that Emma could sit next to Serena and I. While we were sitting, I heard Emma whisper something to Serena.

"Does Marley ever talk?" Emma asked? "Yeah, she's just shy." Serena said, "She's weird", Emma said, "Don't call her weird, she's, my twin!" Serena said, "But you're obviously better than her, she doesn't even talk." Emma said, "Don't say that!" Serena said, "I think you should ditch her; she is not worth it." Emma said, "If you say anything else about my twin sister, then we won't be friends with you." Serena said, "I wanted to be friends with you only, I don't want Marley." Emma said, "Well, guess what, Marley and I are a package deal, you want one of us, you get the other." Serena said, "Well, I guess we are not going to be friends." Emma said, "No, I guess we won't." Serena said.

Later, we saw Emma talking to some other girls and I felt bad that Serena gave up a friend for me.

"Serena, if you want to be friends with Emma, don't let me stop you." I said, "No way, she's bad news, for both of us. I don't trust her as far as I can throw her and I can't throw her." Serena said, "Are you sure?" I asked, "You couldn't pay me enough to hang out with her." Serena said, "Not even for a million dollars?" I asked, "No way." Serena said.