Chapter Three - Talk to Me (Part 1)

Content Warnings - HOSPITAL, flashback and talk of sexual assault (non-con), knife, talk of being tied up, talk of groping, talk of forced blowjob, crying, panic attack, hyperventilation, flashback to sexual assault, talk of physical abuse (hitting), flinching, general physical pain

Type: Angst (hurt/comfort) followed by fluff

...

Espresso's Point Of View

...

I moved a bit. I felt so fuzzy, my mind was blurred. I heard people mumbling and stirring about. I slowly opened my eyes. The light was too much. I squinted them shut and reached up to rub them gently. My arms felt so heavy, though, so I only got to move them a little bit before they fall practically limp. I took a deep breath and tried opening my eyes again. It worked this time.

I felt my throat begin to itch a bit. I coughed weakly. I tried to make out what I was looking at. It was a white ceiling. It was so bright, and there was a comforting smell. Lemon zest.

I heard chatter from my left. It sounded like my mother and... "Madeleine?" I whispered weakly.

There was a sudden pause, and then I saw my mom standing over me. She had clearly been crying. A huge smile grew on her face and she quickly pulled me up, wrapping her arms around me and letting out a small, choked sob.

I made an attempt at hugging her back. It worked, but it hurt a bit. It was one of those hugs where you only use one arm. They're usually really awkward, but when it comes to me, that's how I hug normally, so it just felt... Fine. It was nothing special.

I didn't hold the hug for very long, though.

I felt so tired. I felt like i had been running without a break for hours, as fast as I could possibly go. My body felt heavy and had begun to ache.

Suddenly, a wave of pain shot through my head. It lingered on afterwards. I let out a loud whine at the feeling.

Wait a minute.

I looked around a bit.

As I did so, my mom let go of me and leaned me against the back of the bed I was on.

She then watched me look around.

As I looked around myself, I saw my dad, Madeleine, my mom... And a nurse. I was in a hospital.

Madeleine had been talking to the nurse, but seemed to have halted when I began to stare at him. He looked at the nurse and whispered something. She nodded slowly as she looked at me. Madeleine then walked towards me slowly. "Hey, Mocha," he said softly with a smile. It was filled with an emotion that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

I opened my mouth to speak, but instead I coughed. No words came out. My mom sat down next to me and ran her fingers through my long, apparently tangled hair. "Take your time, honey," she said softly. Shakily, even.

I tried again. It worked, but my voice was so weak and quiet that you could barely understand. I tried one more time. It finally came out right. "Hi," I mumbled.

I immediately cleared my throat. My voice was shaky for some reason. I sighed, closing my eyes for a good moment. I heard my dad clear his throat and I opened my eyes to look at him. He just... Stared. I looked away.

I heard him stand up. I immediately looked back at him.

He approached me. "Are you okay?" he asked quickly, but firmly.

Did he even really mean it?

"Yeah," I replied, with strong hesitation.

"What hurts?" I heard the nurse ask.