She Senses Something, Call It Desperation

I stumbled outside of the club completely shitfaced. I had drank my sorrows till closing time. One of my arms was draped over Dallon's shoulder. My bowtie hung around my neck, undone. My hair stuck up in every direction. I looked like a complete mess. I don't know what came over me. For some reason, the thought of Mona Lisa rejecting me made me feel useless. 

     " she was just having a rough night! Don't worry dude, she'll come around soon enough." Dallon reassured while pushing me into his car.  I slumped into the passenger seat. Dallon got into the passenger seat and headed in the opposite direction of my house. 

     "Thefuuuuck you fink yur gooooin?" I slurred in a drunken haze.

     "I'm taking you to my place. You are too drunk to take care of  yourself." 

     I just wrote that off. I was to wasted to give a shit about where I was going. We got to his place and by then I could walk. I sat down at his kitchen counter. He gave me a glass of water and some melatonin pills so I could sleep. While sipping the  water I glanced around. There was an open photo album sitting on the counter in front of me. My vision was still blurry and I couldn't quite see exactly who was in the picture. I did recognize one thing though... The eyes and the smile.

     "Hey Dallon who is this!?" 

      He quickly shut the album and tucked it under his arm, "just some family pictures. Hey, you should go get some rest. I'll take you to the guest bedroom"

     The next day I had to go to work. I worked for a record company in downtown Las Vegas. I was basically becoming the owner of the company because the man running it was dying of cancer and planned on giving it to me since he never had a family. I was like a son to him. 

     I got to my office in the  area near the studios. I began listening to the demo tracks of a few bands. I picked up a disc labeled "Fall Out Boy"  I stuck it into the CD player and listened. Right away I was amazed! The sound was so raw and honest, the lyrics were clever, and all round well put together. I looked at the names of the band members. There was a Pete Wentz on bass! I knew Pete Wentz!  I definitely needed to get these guys signed on Fueled By Ramen.