19. So Right

Fan Art: i love everything abt the love square dynamic except for every ship that has Adrien in it.

A/N: HERES to a couple chapters left, i decided to make a couple more so the ending wasn't rushed, enjoy <333

_________________________________

3rd Person POV:

"Make sure to feed him! And be careful up there you two are still recovering!" Sabine yells from downstairs as Adrien and marinette arrive from the hospital with their new hamster.

"Oh fuck! Don't mind the pictures" she nervously flusters at the pictures of him on her wall.

"Don't worry I think it's cute how long you've admired me for" he teases her and kisses her temple.

"Shut-up" she chuckles a little red, none of this made sense in her brain yet. Only time will allow her to bring and keep the pieces of this crazy story together.

"so, are you going to feed loneliness?" Adrien asks when marinette turns her head giggling, "we are not naming him loneliness!!" She takes him out of the cage.

"Then what do we name him?" He takes a seat next to her on the bed. She breathes taking it all in, leans into the crook of his neck to rest her head as they admire their new pet.

"I have some suggestions" plagg pops up, "in exchange for some Camembert" he adds cheekily.

"Tiki go show plagg where we have the cheese" she giggles and pets his little head as tiki guides him out downstairs to search.

Mari puts the hamster down after feeding him takes a seat back down next to Adrien.

"What do you wanna do?" She asks, it was almost 9pm, neither were really tired yet and were bored.
"I don't know, you tired ?" She shakes her head to say no. There aren't many options.

"How about we watch a movie" she suggests and gets up to change into comfier clothes. "Might as well get comfy, hospital gowns are gross" she goes into the bathroom and puts on baby pink sweatpants and a white tank top.

He wears his black sweatpants and hoodie , they take a seat on maris chaise and get comfy .

"It's so cold" she laughs in pain. "Come here" he smiles and wraps her in a tight blanket and then his arms as the lie sideways on the chaise .

"This is nice" she breathes into his chest. "You're nice" he gets the remote, "quit" she giggles at his corniness.

"Better get used to it princess" he whispers, "only princess this time" She questions, "I'm experimenting with both interchangeably now what should we watch" he chuckles.

"Mean girls" she suggests as he's scrolling through Netflix, "they have legally blonde!!!! Oh my god can we please watch it!!!" He gets excited at his discovery

She bursts into a series of laughs at his fangirling. "Yeah we can watch legally blonde" She smiles brightly getting more comfortable on him, he feels she's comfortable around him, something he's always wanted.

~~~

"She's so inspiring" he breathes amazed by the end of the movie looking down on marinette.

"Hey? Are you awake" he whispers and kisses her hand, she fell asleep during the movie. "aww, you're asleep" he admires her cute sleep face.

"Come on m'lady, let's get you to bed" he turns off the tv and tries to pick her up without her awakening.

"You're such a pretty sleeper, it's unfair." He laughs a little to himself and lies her down as he climes into bed along side her, taking in the scent of her shampoo, feeling the softness of her hair.

She rolls around groaning unready to be awoken, she swishes around cold until finding his chest, she sleepily rests her head on his chest and falls asleep on him without a care in the world, and that's what made him happiest at the moment.

"this is nice" he whispers thinking she's asleep, "yeah" she smiles against him, feeling her smile, breathing in and out slowly, making her rise and fall. It all felt so right .

Everything nowadays felt so incredibly right, marinette loved the way he felt the need to protect her, his cute attitude when he's around her parents, the way he plays with her hair.

Though in regret of what she'd done all these years, it probably couldn't have happened any other way and she feels crazy to think otherwise.

Even after all this time she makes him a little nervous even now that he knows his playful bold partner in crime was really in front of him this whole time as his cute quiet classmate.

His everyday ladybug, and the more he thinks about it the more stupid he feels that he couldn't figure it out on his own.

It was hard to tell but she felt more guilty than ever to not recognize his true self as lovable, the one she'd end up loving most no matter how much she denied it in the past.

Marinette always overlooked the chat blanc situation, always ignored the signs that her and chat noir could possibly end up together. Her blind attraction for Adrien agreste blocked out that thought.

He was too distracted all the time with ladybug that he chose to ignore the obvious feelings he's had for one of his best friends, who ended up being the same person.

He felt his whole world had been pieced back together with more pieces than it had before. In his mind he gained a lot more than he lost from the defeat.

They both did, gained a lot, marinette may have possibly gained back her sanity and will to live while Adrien gained his best reason to keep going though times for hard.

Though his father wasn't the best, the furthest possible from the best, he hated the sympathy he felt.

How insane he went when his wife disappeared, the love of his life was gone. Adrien tried to imagine him in the situation with Marinette, maybe he wouldn't have done the same.

But he would do anything to save her, anything to even get a small glimpse of her life once more before she passed over.

Maybe it was incredibly selfish of both of them, but one of them wanted to die first before knowing life without the other.

"Goodnight Adrien" she breathed as their thoughts collapsed into their sleepy brains, "goodnight marinette" he kissed the top of her head and that's when she got that feeling again.

Nothing more could feel so right, not how it does now.

____________________________________

A/N: WERE COMING TO AN END MY FRIENDS. There's a couple more chapters until this book is over.

By the time this is released a new Christmas special story will be ready to upload on the 13 of December, itll be the 12 days of Christmas themed

Happy reading <333