𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟏

Disclaimer: I do not own Demon Slayer or Haikyuu. They belong to their rightful owners. This story is inspired by 'Karasuno's Demon Slayer' by Sarskieplayz123. This doesn't follow the original plot of Haikyuu or Demon Slayer and can be considered as an Alternate Universe.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺  

Before long, Hinata was almost home when he saw Kuragari circling the house, cawing. He felt like something was wrong. Hinata ran to his home and he froze at what he saw.

There was blood stained on the floor in front of the house.

'What the? Blood?! Why is there-' Hinata made a mistake of glancing inside the now opened and broken door. He saw the most gruesome thing he saw in his life.

His whole family was slaughtered inside the house. Blood was everywhere and the sight of his family's mangled bodies almost made him throw up.

Hinata let out an anguished scream as his knees buckled and he fell onto the ground.

"Mom..." His lips trembled, "Dad... Natsu..." Tears began pouring out of his eyes.

What happened? 

---

---

---

--- 

---

---

---

"Hinata! Watch out!"

Hinata gasps as he instinctively dodges the volleyball that was hurling towards his head.

It took him a minute to realize that he was standing in the court and the whole team was staring at him. He blushed in embarrassment.

Sugawara stares at Hinata with concern in his eyes and asked, "Are you okay, Hinata? You look very tired since this morning and you keep spacing out during practice." 

Hinata chuckles nervously and rubs the back of his neck. 

"I'm sorry, I just didn't get much sleep last night." Hinata apologized. Daichi pats his shoulder reassuringly. 

"Don't worry about it. How about we take a ten minutes break?" he suggested. The rest of the team agreed with the idea as they were really tired. They have been practicing from 8 AM and now it's 1 PM.

Hinata sat down on the gym bench and drinks water from his water bottle. He scans around and observes the team. Nishinoya and Tanaka were bothering Kiyoko, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi were minding their businesses, and the third and second years were talking among themselves. 

He sighed, he lets his mind wander back to that memory. The memory that haunted him for the rest of his life, he kept having nightmares about that day and it had been difficult for Hinata to go back to sleep in fear of reliving that day all over again. 

He rubs his face in exhaustion as he stares at the floor, he remembered Kanae, the kind-hearted woman who taught him the importance of life and death and the person he looked up to besides his uncle. She was the one who taught him about sympathizing with demons as she told him that although they did horrible things, they were once humans.