Chapter 6

Rosie POV

I went home to be with my family and also take some rest from seeing Sana and Jennie together and all of those billboards and posters and all the fucking magazine.

It is sickening and making me lose my temper.

I feel so mad. I felt like I was going to explode anytime, so I stayed longer with my family.

When I knew that the shoot was all done and the Audio post-production was also done, I went back to Korea to surprise Lisa.

I entered the room full of people where the production will watch the finished product of the show before releasing it to the public.

I sat at the back as the show started. Wow, it's so good. Until the story becomes heavy that everyone is crying inside the mini cinema.

I felt tears in my eyes as the show was done. Why did Lisa change the story midway? Because this is not the story, she gave me.

Everyone congratulates Lisa and slowly leaves the cinema.

Lisa widened her eyes when she saw me sitting at the back.

"Let me explain," Lisa stuttered.

"Why Lisa?" I painfully smiled.

"I'm sorry, Chaeng,"

"WHY?!!" I yelled because I knew that no one would hear us here. But I swallowed hard and changed my composure because I saw how afraid Lisa was.

"Lisa, you changed the story. I thought it is some kind of romance and a not happy ending but why?" I shook my head.

"It's literally my story in that island!" I yelled, and Lisa finally broke down. "You stole my diary!"

"I don't want people to know my pain while I'm at that fucking island for 5 fucking years, Lisa! And you fucking wrote it?!" I scoff.

"It's not the exact story, Rosie," Lisa cried while holding my thigh, begging me my forgiveness.

"It's still the same, Lisa!"

"The world deserves to know how brave you are to survive on the Island alone, that this story I made is realistic,"

"No one even knows that I'm stuck there," I cried. "No one!"

"Not Jennie, Not you, Not the authority, Not even my Family! No one!"

"That's why people should know!" Lisa yelled.

"Lisa, I'm sorry," I sighed. I know what she is getting at.

"I know how hard it is for you to bury Robi on your own," Lisa said which made me cry even more while remembering Robi.

--Flashback--

I was so excited on going home to Jennie when our small airplane had an explosion.

It happen so fast that I needed to put the seatbelt and the vest with me but I cannot put the seatbelt that Robi need to stand up to go to me and lock my belt.

"What are you doing?!!" I yelled, "Go back to your sit Robi!!" But robi keep pushing the lock of my belt.

"You need to live, Young miss," Robi said.

"You need to live too!! you have family!!" I cried as he finally locked my belt.

"Please take care of them if I didn't live," He said as we crashed in the middle of the sea.

I removed my seatbelt and pulled the vest and the inflatable as big ocean waves are coming to me. I passed out after the heavy storm and expecting to die there. But no, I lived and stuck in an isolated island in the middle of nowhere.

My airplane is private and have no tracker. No one knows where I'm going.

I saw Robi's body floating and I tried to take him but he is already dead.

"I'm sorry, Robi," I cried while hugging his corpse.

"It's all my fault, I'm sorry, I'm sorry,"

If I didn't call Lisa, I will not come home to Australia, If I did not come home, Robi will not die.

I suddenly remembered his Family. I feel so guilty.

I gave him a proper burial as I take some effort to dig deep for him. It is my payment for my stupidity. I should have be the one who drove the airplane. I shouldn't have ask him. I should have say no.

Jennie doesn't know where am I. No one in my family knows Jennie. Even lisa doesn't know Jennie.

No one also knows that my name is Park Chaeyoung except the close one.

I have no tracker with me.

I only have a small flashlight and my recorder.

There are only coconut trees around and some leaves, and a small cave. Nothing more.

I never tried going to hiking or never know this kind of life.

"You want simple life?!" I yelled.

"Now you are alone in this fucking island you asshole!!" I yelled.

"Heellpp!!" I yelled and yelled.

I did all my best to survive. I got a lot of scars, tried to swim the ocean but I kept coming back to the island.

I'm doing my best to keep myself sane. I practice meditation and not letting myself lose my mind.

I talk to myself most of the time and stare at my Necklace with Jennie's face.

I'm not expecting myself to live but I did. For 5 years, I learned how to out a fire, I learned to get a fish using a stick. I learned how to make an axe.

I also learned how to make a rope. For fucking 5 years that I'm eating and drinking dirty foods.

Painting fucking things in the stone with my blood and charcoals.

I almost get crazy until I finally have enough materials to make my own boat.

I managed to cut big trees for 5 years and burned them to attract attention but it never happened.

I buried some, to make it light to float in the water. I also made a lot of rope that I stocked.

And the day came that I finally made my mini boat. I bid goodbye to Robi and hope that I might get home.

For 5 years I didn't speak that much and Pain doesn't affect me anymore. Even so, I'm still crying for help silently.

I tried to fight the big waves, as my boat passed it. I have to pass 5 big waves before it stabilize.

I yelled as loud as I can because I did it! but the next wave slapped me that made the whole boat destroyed as I passed out.

And one day, I just woke up with a tube in my mouth and see my Family with Lisa in front of me.

"Chaeyoung! Call the doctor!"

My family found me because for 4 years everyone thought that I'm just hiding with Robi because they couldn't track Robi too.

For 4 years, they found a signal of Robi which is in the middle of the sea. Everyone got alarmed and they sent a private team to roam around for one year and look for us, unfortunately the island I'm staying is far from their search area.

I'm lucky that they found me. I didn't speak for weeks and took me to a therapist. But the therapist is surprised that I'm okay.

I just got accustomed of being alone and not talking to people.

And A month after, I started to live normal again and came back to my old work.

--end of flashback--

"Rosie, Your story should be heard even if the one I wrote is not exactly as what happened to yours," Lisa sighed.

"The love story is different but almost the same. But the whole story in the island, you put it detailed!" I said.

"Cancel the show, Lisa" I said.

"I told you, Lisa. Cancel it or I will do my power to cancel it," I gritted my teeth.