Chapter 11

Trigger Warning: Self Harm.

Thursday, November 26 2020 10:00 AM

The next morning Riley didn't want to wake up and didn't want to face her mom or Olivia.

Today she did not have school because the 12th graders are testing. Jesse and Noah were at school and Billie was home.

So Riley rolled out of bed and walked into her bathroom.

She looked under her hair care products and pulled out the razor that she hid from her mom and Olivia.

She sighed, then she rolled up her pants legs, and then she started cutting her thighs. She watched as the blood rolled down her leg and hit the floor.

20 minutes later she finally walked out of the bathroom fully dressed. She had on a pair of black sweatpants and a black sweatshirt. Then she took a deep breath and walked out of her room.

She walked upstairs with Rocky right behind her.

When she got upstairs she was not surprised to see Olivia and Riley sitting on the couch waiting for her.

"Oh good. You're awake. Now we can talk. Come sit." Amanda said.

"I rather stand." Riley said as she crossed her arms.

"Fine then. So where did you go last night?" Amanda asked

"I went with a friend to a party." Riley said

"Alright and what did you do at the party?" Olivia asked

"Danced. Hung out with friends." Riley replied simply

"Is that all?" Amanda questioned

"Yes, it's not like I was drinking or doing anything." Riley said

"Okay you didn't drink or drugs but you still made some very poor choices and Amanda and I talked about your consequences. So you are grounded for..."

"Hold up for one fucking minute. You can't ground me!" Riley said

"Oh yes I can." Olivia said very seriously.

"No you cant. I dont remember you becoming my mother. The only person you are in charge of is Noah, your son, not me." Riley said

"Riley, she is still an adult here. So no matter what she is also in charge of you too. You're grounded for three weeks. And while you are grounded you may not have your phone or your laptop. You can only use your laptop for school stuff only. Do you hear me?" Amanda said

"I hate you. You are the worst mother ever!" Riley yelled at Amanda before she ran downstairs and into her room after slamming the door.

Olivia sighed softly before she looked over at Amanda. She was almost in tears.

"Amanda." Olivia said as she tried to reach out for Amanda, but she pulled away.

"Dont." Amanda said as she just stood up and walked out of the house.

Olivia sighed softly as she ran her hand through her hair.

Olivia knows that she has to give Amanda and Riley time to themself before she goes and talks to them.

4:20 PM

It had been about six hours since Amanda left and Olivia was starting to worry about her.

Jesse, Billie, Liv, and Noah were at the kitchen table eating a snack.

"Mommy, where is mama?" Jesse asked