Chapter 17

Tuesday, Aug 10 2021 10:30 AM a right after Ben, Riley, and Amanda left.

Olivia's shopping in the grocery store when her phone rings. It's Riley so she answers right away.

"Riley, is everything okay?"

"Mommy! The bad man took Mama and Riley." Liv's heart drops.

Liv abandons the cart she had been pushing and starts to run for the exit.

"When did they leave?"

"I heard the door shut a few minutes ago."

"Where are you? Is Jesse, Billie and Vivica with you?" Liv asks. Perez had given her a bad feeling today. When he had insisted that she come to the store with him. They'd been set up and she hadn't seen it.

"We're in your room in the closet."

"I'm on my way Noah. I need you to hang up the phone so I can call the police. Noah, I love you and everything is going to be okay. I promise."

Olivia races home, calling the police on the way. She made it home and walked into her bedroom, knocking on her closet door calling for the kids. Noah, open the door.

The door opens revealing 3 tear-stained faces. Vivica was on the ground wrapped in a blanket, fussing. Olivia kneels and wraps both kids into her arms. Letting her tears fall freely. She whispers words of comfort to them and then pulls away and walks over to the baby. The brunette picks up the baby.

The police arrive and everyone is interviewed. Noah and Jesse doing their best to tell them what happened and Olivia provides the background information about what had occurred in New York.

Olivia feels helpless. Her wife and daughter are out there and God knows what is happening to them and there's not a single thing she can do about it. There's a pit in her stomach, but the brunette isn't allowed to show how terrified she is. She has to stay positive for Jesse, Billie, and Noah. It's her job to reassure them. Every hour that passes feels like a day.

10:00 PM

The kids are asleep in her bed, Vivica in Olivia's arms. She had been hard to settle tonight. Viviva always nursed before bed. It soothed her and helped her to fall asleep.

It's 10:30 pm and Olivia gets the calls she's been dreading and hoping for. The detective working Amanda and Riley's case is on the line. What he says is like music to her ears.

"We've got them, Amanda a little roughed up, but she's okay. Riley is also fine."

"And Ben?"

"He's dead. Stabbed in the heart. We're taking them to North star general hospital. You can come see them when you're ready."

Liv lets out the breath she's been holding and hangs up the phone.

11:20 PM North star general hospital

They find the floor where Amanda is on where a police officer and a social worker are waiting to watch Jesse, Billie, and Noah while Liv speaks to the doctors and sees Amanda and Riley.

Olivia tears up the first time she sees Amanda in her hospital bed. She looks so small. There are stitches near her temple, and bruises on her face. The blonde suffered a minor concussion, but none of her physical injuries were life-threatening and they would all heal. Riley was also sleeping right next to Amanda in the bed.

"Hey." Amanda says from the bed.

Her Voice was quiet not trying to wake up Riley. Turning to see Liv's face covered in tears.