Chapter 16

Wednesday, July 21 2021 2:00 PM

Vivica is 1 month and 15 days old.

It is time for their wedding. They were getting married at 3 in the afternoon. The house was filled with nervous energy radiating off of the two women. This is a big step for both Amanda and Liv, but one they were very ready to take. Liv was ready to refer to Amanda as her wife for real, not just because some marshals asked them to pretend to be married for their safety.

The kids were excited. This morning Amanda and Olivia are both nervous, anxious, and ecstatic. The whole wedding wouldn't take long. Half an hour at most.

Noah's outfit was a plaid shirt, a pair of black pants, and a little bow tie. Jesse and Billie had picked out a dress, the same shade of blue as Amanda's. Riley had picked out a dress for her and Vivica the same color as Olivia's dress. Liv had decided on a dress in a nice shade of purple.

A few minutes later

The family piled into the car.

The courthouse wasn't anything special, not unlike the one they used to frequent in New York. The difference was, this one wasn't filled with memories they'd rather forget. They're sitting outside the chambers where they will get married, waiting for their scheduled time. Riley was holding a sleeping Vivica, while Jesse and Noah played games on Liv's phone. And Billie danced around.

A few minutes later the clerk calls their names telling them to come back to the judge's chambers.

The judge is a kind older woman who introduces herself as Judge Jameson. Two of the clerks are in the office and now it's time for the ceremony.

They go through the usual questions and exchanges. Then they went through vows.

Now they're both crying while the judge finishes the ceremony. They exchange rings. Amanda goes with the engagement ring that Liv bought her. Olivia matches a platinum band with a few small diamonds. The judge tells them they're allowed to kiss and they both reach for each other. They pull away, the older woman's hands framing the other woman's face, foreheads together. Both pull back and open their arms, allowing Jesse, Billie, and Noah to run into them, while Riley walks to them because she was holding a now awake Vivica. The family exchange hugs, and kisses. The clerk offers to take pictures for them and they agree.

They walk out of the courthouse holding hands, all smiles, filled with happiness.

The kids play for a while after they get home. After a long day, everyone went to bed.

Monday, Aug 6 2021 11:30AM

They have been in witness protection for almost a year.

Vivica is now 1 month and 30 days old.

Today the family is going to Riley's first competitive cheerleader competition in almost eight months.

Riley was backstage getting ready when she noticed something out of the corner of her eyes. Riley looked up and saw Ben behind her.

"It's nice to see you again baby girl." Ben said just smiles then he turned and walked away towards the busy crowd of people.

"Riley, your team is up next." Riley coach said

"Sorry coach, but I have to go, there is a family emergency. I think Jamie's can take my place." Riley said as she walked towards where her family was sitting.

When Amanda and Olivia noticed that Riley was walking up to them they were shocked to see her.

"Riley, what are you doing here, you are supposed to be on stage." Olivia said