Prologue

Disclaimer: I do not own INUYASHA.

Kagome's POV

I was staring at the inside of the Bone's Eater Well, clenching my hands on it. Why? Was it because of the wish I made, that the Shikon Jewel will dissapear forever? What will I do? I want to go back.

Maybe that's why I was there in the first place. To get rid of the jewel, then come back home. I gotten used to that place like it was my own home. But this is the way it's suppose to be. They are all free from Naraku now and that's the excellent part.

The villagers and my friends can have the life they always wanted.

Hot tears started to flow down on my cheeks. Onto my nose and also in my mouth. It tasted like salt, so I wiped it away.

I want to see my friends. Sango... Miroku...Shippo...Koga. You all were my priorities to set you free. To be happy and never have to worry about anything.

InuYasha.

InuYasha, I hope you can be happy without me. Kikyo soul is now free and in peace. I wish you the best life... without me.

I bursted with tears then and there, crying for at least a few minutes, and realized I was being a baby. I'm stronger than this. I can get over it in no time. But I knew that was not true, I can't lie to myself.

InuYasha, I miss you so much...

I started to walk back to my family, who needs me. Who loves me so much that I have to finally let you go and set you free.

InuYasha...I love you.

InuYasha's POV

I stood there, looking into the well. The well where Kagome sitted me almost thousands of times. Where she told me she'll stay with me. Where we would travel back and forth to get each other.

I already lost two great women I love, know I've lost another. Why? Why Kami? What do I do to deserve this?

I closed my eyes and listened to the wind as the cool breeze pass through my ears. Lady Kaede told me there are many things told in the wind. That people from up above are trying to tell you something. It may be someone giving me guidance through my tough times. Sango and Miroku are with Shippo in the hut, probably crying also about the loss of our best friend.

Mom...I miss you and dad. I love you so much, it hurts. Kikyo...I miss you and love you too, I hope you are happy in peace, I thought as I look up into the blue sky.

Kagome.

You were the one who taught me to laugh, to make friends and to rely on them. You even taught me how to smile. And more importantly....

Love.

I miss you so damn much. I want you here to be with me. I wanted to marry you. To be by my side forever.

Kagome...I love you.

A/N: New story! I love Inuyasha, so decided to make a story about their lives after the final act.

Sorry for any misspelled words and grammer errors.

How was the prologue?