The color red

WARNING: SELF HARM, DONT READ IF IT TRIGGERS YOU !! <3

I ran. I ran as quickly as I could. I ran from that horrible school and those horrible kids and those horrible teachers. I didn't care about the blood running from my nose, nor the big, red stain on my blue jeans. Or that that particular red spot on my leg hurt like a thousand daleks had shot it.

I just ran towards the blue police box I had seen earlier at lunch. It stood behind the school in a secluded area.

Behind me I could hear my teacher yelling for me to come back.

I finally reached the tardis and frantically opened the door. It wasn't locked and I flew in, closing it behind me.

The doctor looked up at me. "Y/N? What are you doing here now?", he asked.

"Dematerialize the tardis", was the only thing that came out.

"What? Are you being chased by an alien?", he asked.

"No", I breathed. "Ran away from school and my teacher is going to break in here".

"Oh", the doctor said and ran back to the control panel. He fiddled with a few switches, pressed a few buttons and then I could hear the familiar sound of the tardis disappearing.

I breathed out a long breath I didn't know that I was holding and sunk down on the metal floor, leaning against the doors. I knew they wouldn't open.

I looked at my white hoodie; blood splattered all over my left arm. Then I looked at my leg, inspecting the blood stain a bit closer. It was spreading over the lower half of my right leg.

I wondered what would have caused so much blood since I didn't really get kicked hard, then it dawned on me. My cuts from a few days ago had opened again.

He walked up to where I was sitting. "Oh, Y/N what has happened to you?", he crouched down in front of me. I tried to brush off the blood from my nose with the back of my hand but it had started to dry so it didn't really work.

"Oh y'know the typical stuff", I shrugged. "Getting kicked while a teacher is looking. Only happens to me at my school", I finger gunned the doctor.

He looked serious. "Isn't that.. illegal?", he questioned.

"Probably", I was really talking about this like it was nothing.

"We should get your leg cleaned up", he said.

"Oh.. em, I can do that myself", I stood up.

"No, I'm helping you 'cause that looks bad", he stood up too.

"No truly I can do it myself", I protested.

"You'll need to disinfect and bandage it. And I'm the only one who knows where that is", he looked at me. "And I need to look so you actually weren't being chased by an alien", he nodded and turned around. I couldn't protest now so I followed him.

He took me into one of the tardis bathrooms. "Can you roll up your pant leg or is the wound too high up?", he asked. "If it's too high up I can go outside and you can wash the blood off by yourself. I just need to bandage it", he nodded.

I knew that either way he would see the cuts, be disgusted and throw me out. I figured it was best for him to see them from the beginning. "I think you can stay", I sighed.

"Brilliant", he said and I rolled up my pant leg, ready to be judged but it was such a bloody mess you couldn't see the swipes of the blade.

"Ooh", he said and inspected my leg closer. "No stones or anything like that. You can just.. set that leg in there", he pointed to the shower.