Chapter 14

(For the video, watch the TikTok at 2:32 only. QUICK DISCLAMER: the Dear Dollie in that TikTok will be turned into Summer Fantasy to fit more into the context of the chapter.)

January 6th, 2021

Dear diary,

OMG... What do sixteen year-olds do when they JUST had a fight with their best friend?! Because, just saying, I need help! Not in ALL of the books I've read in my sixteen years of existence have I ever read something that could've helped me in the real world, the big world: high school. For the first day back at school after the Christmas Holidays, after winter break, the second semester already looks tough... 

You see, since a while now, Fleur, my roommate, has been friends with Summer Fantasy. Yep, she's back! The infamous Summer Fantasy, the New Girl who moved to Royale City and who is a suspect for many people's murder. Seeing as her parents are ultra rich and that Kaylee Guardian (or should I say Kaylee Dollie?) has left the Royale Queens squad, Summer has found herself a spot as one of the Royale Queens. One of the popular girls.

Anyways, Summer and Fleur have became quite the friends. I'm even starting to think that they've become besties! Even with the fact that I suspect Summer of being a murderer, I can't stop Fleur from being best friends with Summer. Plus, it's none of my business, the last time I checked. It's her problem that she's friends with a serial killer!

Obviously, being friends with one of the popular girls (there are three: Sunset Fantasy, Angel Chéri, and Summer Fantasy) made Fleur Butterfly a bit arrogant. Since her mom is the school nurse, this last one would always bring Fleur new clothes to wear every single day. Fleur even got a new set of confidence, even if she's just a Fluttering Butterfly set, an OG set.

Every time, I would try to talk to her about her becoming rude, but she would just completely interrupt me and say things like:

Fleur: Sorry, Dar, but I can't spend time with you. I'm going shopping with Summer tonight. Talk to you later, though! BYE! 

Or:

Fleur: Sorry, Dar, can't talk. I just came back from a BOMB party and I'm EXHAUSTED! And I can't sit with you at the cafeteria tomorrow, I'll be eating with the RQ. 

Me: RQ?

Fleur: Royale Queens, silly! 

Me: OK, I guess... 

She used to say: « Every two days I'll eat with you, don't worry! I just like to hang-out with both of my group of friends. » but now, she more likely says: « Sorry, Darling. I can't... I'm hanging out with the RQ again, sorry! Let's catch up tomorrow, key? » and we wouldn't even catch up. She started distancing herself from me, and I thought that it was natural at first. But at one point, I noticed something evil in her eyes. It's as if... she wasn't herself! 

That's when a light bulb lit up. Fleur would never abandon me! She was my first friend. She was the one who introduced me to the gang: Willow Empress, Snow Frost, and Cassidy Rose! Why would she abandon us just to hang-out with the popular girls (or like she says it, the « RQ »)? It doesn't click! She's obviously under some spell. After all, Summer is known for somehow being able to buy potions from the shut-down potion shop... 

Today is a Thursday. Everyone came back from winter break. School is out until Monday, just to let everybody settle back in. I decided that this evening was my only chance to talk to Fleur about my suspensions against Summer Fantasy... After all, from Monday to Thursday, no student of Royale High is allowed to leave the dorms after 7 PM! So tomorrow, she would probably be off at some party the whole day and same for the weekend. THIS EVENING was my only chance before school starts again and we'll all be washed out with homework and exams.