Chapter 17

February 14th, 2021

Dear diary,

Today was Valentine's Day. And I am on cloud 9, literally! I am SO HAPPY right now! For you to understand such joy, you'll have to stick around! Let's dive in!

Ever since Angel Chéri has been expelled, nobody except Fleur Butterfly, Rita Rebel (and sometimes even Summer Fantasy) have bullied or picked on me. Our new school principal is also the kindest! He's so nice. He's not an OG set, he's a male Mon Chéri set, but he's still very nice. Quickly, even the most rebellious students would start following the rules and stop bullying others thanks to Mr. Theo, Royale High's new principal, kind manners.

By the way, with Angel Chéri now gone, Rita has replaced her. The new RQ gang consists of: Sunset Fantasy, Summer Fantasy (replacing Kaylee Guardian), and Rita Rebel (replacing Angel Chéri). Fleur took Rita's old spot as a " beta ", I guess.

Anyways, like I mentionned at the beginning, today was Valentine's Day. My favorite holiday of the year! After all, I am a Valentine set and a Darling Valentina. It's in my blood to love the lovely holiday that is Valentine's Day!

Yet, this year's Valentine's Day was more lonely for me. Snow was with her boyfriend, Willow would be absent for today and the entire weekend (it's Friday) just to celebrate it with her parents, Icy was hanging out with her boyfriend (a male Starfrost set)... and Cassidy Rose, my ex-friend, got new friends. We don't hate each other and she's not on Fleur's side, thankfully. She just said:

Cassidy: After everything that happened, I need some new friends. It's nothing against you, you're so kind, Darling Val! It's just complicated. I wish you a great life and that you might be able to get with your crush, Sunset!

Yes, I still have a crush on Sunset Fantasy. But by the time it was lunch, she still hasn't asked me out... and I'm too shy to do it myself! Especially on Valentine's Day.

After lunch, in class, our teacher, Mrs. Jayson (the only nice teacher I've ever had!), told us that we weren't going to learn boring English today. And that she had a special activity for us!

Mrs. Jayson: Today, you'll be writing Valentine's Day cards to someone very special to you in this school! Once everybody is done writing their letters, I'll distribute each card to their respectful owner! You have 15 minutes to write your cards, start writing, students!

Wow! Mrs. Jayson always comes up with the best ideas. Before Winter Break, she was the only teacher in the entire school who thought about organising a Secret Santa in the classroom! She's so nice, right?

Fifteen minutes later, Mrs. Jayson started passing out the cards. Both Fleur, Rita, and Sunset are in my class. Obviously, Rita and Sunset received loads of Valentine's Day cards! Most of the ones given by boys were to ask them out. For girls, it was to let them join the Royale Queens. 

After it was my turn. And... I got quite a lot, to be honest! I got thirteen, out of a class of twenty-seven students! Sure, thirteen isn't a lot. But still, at least I didn't get zero!

One of them was by... a secret admirer?!

Dear Darling Val,

Your beautiful deep pink eyes make me blind. Can't you see, sometimes your words just hypnotize me?  Everytime I see you, I add more to my songs. Just like a growing rose, your favorite color but in French! Your favorite flower, also! Whenever someone hurts you, I yell back at them. Why would they hurt such a beautiful creature? You were named « Darling Valentina », since you are the prettiest one of them all. Would you date me? If you accept, could you please meet me under the cherry blossom tree in the school garden, after school at 6 PM?

From, someone who loves you so much

I looked around me. Who could've written me such a thoughtful letter? I decided to read the other letters before falling in love.

Dear Darling,

Ever since I met you on the first day of school, I fell in love with you. I may be popular, a Summer Fantasy set-girl. But I still have feelings for you. Regardless the fact that you're an OG, a Darling Valentina! I don't care anymore if I lose all my popularity, if my reputation gets ruined. It's Valentine's Day. And I should celebrate it. 

From, Sunset Fantasy

WHAT?! Sunset Fantasy, my crush since the first day of school, also had a crush on me? I KNEW IT! I looked at her, then blushed. She was also blushing.

Later after school, I went to the cafe with her and we took some a milkshake to drink together. Oh how romantic it was! We even kissed! Sure, we got some dirty looks from other New Sets, just because Sunset is a Summer Fantasy and I'm a Darling Valentina. And? Our love is stronger than anything else! And I'm proud to say that I'm dating Sunset.

After finding out about our relationship, Rita and Summer kicked Sunset out of the RQ gang. But she didn't mind. They were fake friends anyways! Sunset became friends with Kaylee again! Hooray!

What about Fleur, huh? Well, with a new spot opened as the leader of the Royale Queens (and new outfits every single flipping day, I must point out, and a new set of confidence!!!), Fleur Butterfly became the (new) most popular girl at school. Now, she's not only my ex-best friend, but also my EX-BEST FRIEND, RIVAL, AND ENEMY.

Welp! At least my dream of dating Sunset Fantasy came true.

Darling xox