Chapter 2

(For the video, skip it until it's at 7:07 and watch that single TikTok)

September 1st, 2021

Dear diary,

Today was my first day of school at Royale High. Trust me, it wasn't as awesome as I imagined it would be... At least, my roommate is nice! But I'll talk about that later. First, I would like to talk about, um... What happened this morning, in front of the school.

I was waiting for the school bus in front of the Magic Wheel when a Royale Rebel, Midnight Strike Popstar, etc., started whispering. I joined in...

Darling (me): What are you all talking about?
The Royale Rebel: Ew... Get away from us, you Darling Valentina! We're NEW SETS, not musty dusty crusty old ones like you! 

And then she pushed me. Such " kindness ", really... Anyways, I decided to just listen in to what they were saying.

The Midnight Strike Popstar: OMG! Look! It's the Royale Queens! 

The girl who said that was pointing at a, not gonna lie, cute girl. From the Mon Chéri set, to be exact! This girl was next to a girl from the Guardian Winter set. The one in the middle of both is... a Mystical Summer Royalty set?!!? Wow! These three girls MUST be the popular girls of Royale High... They're gorgeous, after all!

Arrived at my new school, the vice-principal told everyone that today, we would just settle in our dorms and that we had to go to rather the school nurse or the secretary's office to go grab our dorm keys and locker combination numbers. I went to the school nurse's office, seeing as the secretary's office was way too full. A nice Fluttering Butterfly woman greeted me.

Mrs. Rose: Hello! I'm Mrs. Rose and I'm the school nurse. I'm guessing you're here to grab your keys and locker combination? 

Me: Yes! I'm Darling Valentina.

Mrs. Rose: Yes, yes... But what's your name?

Me: My first name is Darling and my last name is Valentina.

Mrs. Rose: Oh! Now I get it! Such a beautiful name for a beautiful lady! Anyways, you can wait over there for your keys, I'll go get them! Here's your locker combination in the meantime, Darling.

Me: Thank you, Mrs. Rose!

I went to sit on one of the chairs when the girl I saw in the morning, the Mystical Summer Royalty set girl, came in. When she looked at me, my heart couldn't stop racing. What was happening to me? No... I couldn't be falling for her! She's a brand New Set. I'm an OG... Plus, she's the queen of the school! I'm just some new student who happens to be a Darling Valentina, from the Valentina family.

Once I got my keys and locker combination, I put all my notebooks and pencils in my locker, then headed towards the dorms. Dorm 601... Dorm 602... Dorm 603, finally! 

As I opened the door to my dorm, I was mesmerized. The dorm was so beautiful! There even was a kitchen for the weekends (since the cafeteria is closed, those days) and two bedrooms. I put my suitcase and backpack on my bed, then went to the living room. There was a girl with pink and yellow hair and... the Fluttering Butterfly set! She looked a lot like the school nurse, except this last one had purple and yellow hair, not pink and yellow. But still, they looked alike!

Fleur: Hello! I'm Fleur! You must be my new roommate!

Me: Yes! I'm Darling, and as you can see, I'm a Darling Valentina.

Fleur: Wow! Cool! I'm a Fluttering Butterfly set. My mom is Mrs. Rose!

Me: Oh! That explains why you two look so similar! Hehe!

Fleur: Yeah! My mom named me because while she was pregnant, she would always eat a special soup made of flowers from Divinia Park. So, she named me « Fleur » which means flower but in French.

Me: Wow! Your name is actually really pretty.

Fleur: Thank you! Why did your parents name you Darling?

Me: Because the doctors told my parents that there was a 97% chance that my mom would have a miscarriage because of some problems in her body. My birth was a miracle and she said that when she hold me in her arms for the first time, all she saw was a beauty. So, she decided to name me Darling, because I was her little Valentina and she would always call me her " darling ".

Fleur: I think I'm about to cry! That story was just so sweet!

My roommate, Fleur, and I started talking a lot. We both are OG sets and have many things in common. For her, it's not her first year at Royale High. So maybe she could help around the school and warn me who to not mess with and where to sit at the cafeteria? Fleur and I have also become great friends. She's really funny and nice! She's my first friend ever, yet she's so kind-hearted and pure. I'm so lucky to have her as my roommate!

Darling xox