Chapter 12

(For the video, watch the TikTok at 2:40 only. Quick disclamer: the Gothiecutie in the TikTok is a Royale Rebel in the context of this chapter.)

December 26th, 2021

Dear diary,

As you may have noticed, yesterday was Christmas. The time of the year of hot chocolate, ice-skating, snowball fights, presents, generosity, kindness and the cold. Yep! That time of year has already passed! It's been a LONG TIME since my first day at Royale High. Time has really passed fast! I now understand why the elderly say « enjoy your youth », LOL! 

Anyways, Christmas brought a lot of surprises at Royale Realm. Especially for me and my friends! Like I promised yesterday, I'll explain (in detail) what happened.

I was hanging out with Willow. I know, I know! I'm almost always talking about our conversations together. I don't know why, but it's as if I'm connected to her. Obviously, Fleur Butterfly is my best friend! But ever since I met Willow, I feel more bonded with her than with Fleur. Duh, I still have a crush on Sunset! But for Willow... it's as if she's more than just a lunch-box friend like we say in the books I've read across the years. She's my best friend. Can we even have more than one best friend? Yes? No? OK...

Me: Willow... Do you think Fleur is mad at me?

Willow: Why would Fleur be mad at you?

Me: I don't know anymore... She stopped answering all of my text messages shortly after I explained to her that I was planning on hanging out with you for New Year's Eve. 

Willow: She's probably just pissed about the fact that she's spending the holidays at Diamond Beach while you're still here in Royale City (in Royale Realm). 

Me: You're probably right, Willow.

An awkward moment of silence.

Me: So, um... Did you use to have a part-time job? In all of the books about the big cities such as Royale City (I was born in Elemental Bay, a city populated of OG sets, until I moved alone into a dorm at Royale High), most teenagers our age have part-time jobs. Am I false?

Willow: No, you're correct. You see, after losing contact with Ariane, I started trying to find ways of becoming, quote on quote, " famous " like her so she could find me and we could become friends again. Trust me, I tried everything! But singing and acting just wasn't my thing. So, at the age of 13, I found an app called « TikTok ». That's when I started becoming a famous TikToker. My life story was admired. Yet, I never found Ariane, until this year, obviously.

Me: Wait... YOU'RE FAMOUS?!!? How come you're not popular at school, along with those mean girls, Angel and Kaylee, and Sunset?!

Willow: Because I'm not famous anymore.

I was confused. What could've happened? And how did I not know any of this? Probably because my parents never let me have social media until I had a phone, which was when I was fifteen...

Willow: At 14, every TV show wanted an interview with me. Obviously, I was able to make heaps of money. Thanks to my fame, my family and I had paid off all of our debts and we were billionaires. We even bought a penthouse! My parents were proud of me. But then, a new TikToker with the user « cute_goth ». She was also a dancer. She quickly became more popular just because she was a Royale Rebel. And her name is, well... Rita Rebel.

Me: RITA?!!?

I was shocked. How could someone as rude and cruel as Rita become famous and overthrown my best friend, Willow Empress?

Willow: Since she was a New Set and not an OG one, she became even more famous than if she was a Shadow Empress like me. And then, I lost most of my followers seeing as they started following Rita... All the way to the point that TV networks no longer wanted interviews with me. So, my life went back to how it was before, even before Ariane moved to Sunset Island. I just became the " normal Shadow Empress set-girl " of Royale City. And let's just say that my parents started going in debt again...

Me: Wow... I'm so sorry to hear that, Willow! But... Why don't you try expose Rita for trying to get you expelled from Royale High? She's probably so fake to her followers. And that's also probably the reason why she's so popular at school, even if she's not a part of the Elite Girls girl gang (of Angel Chéri, Kaylee Guardian and Sunset Fantasy)! If you expose her for her mean ways on live television, she'll lose all of her followers and you'll gain them back.

Willow: That actually isn't a bad idea after all!

She started thinking a bit more about my suggestion before giving me a huge hug and praising me with millions of « Thank you so much!!! ». It felt good to help my friend. But trust me, this isn't the end of the story!

In the afternoon, I had just finished eating dinner and started watching the TV with my parents. It felt so good to be back to Elemental Bay with my family! Oh, and my older sister named Annalise who just came back from Sunset Island (she's the host of the Beauty Pageants) was watching the TV with me. Oh, how I missed her! Our parents must've been so lonely with their eldest daughter at Sunset Island and their youngest, attending Royale High in another town.

Suddenly, we saw Rita Rebel on the TV. Grr! I hate that witch! She's probably enjoying her suspension and Winter Break to film more dance TikTok videos. Grr! 

But then, I saw Willow enter the room.

Annalise: Isn't that your best friend, Willow or something like that?

Me: Yes... yes, it is her! What is she doing?

Annalise (joking): Don't ask me, I don't even know her!

Me: LOL!

On the tv:

The news reporter: And we're done with our interview with Rita Rebel, famous TikToker!

Rita: It's been a pleasure to go on your show, Nancy!

Nancy (the news reporter): Oh, thank you! The pleasure was all ours!

Willow: Oh really? Well, I'm back! And I'm letting myself get replaced, trust me.

Nancy: Security!

Willow: WAIT! I have a major scoop for all of you viewers watching Nancy's Scoops and Talks Show, trust me... You see, I'm a student of Royale High and you may be all wondering: why is a sixteen year-old such as Rita doing interviews instead of being at school, a few days ago? Well, because she was SUSPENDED for accusing an innocent student such as me of kidnapping her. If you don't believe me, ask Royale High's principal or check the security cameras of that school. And then you'll find out that Rita is nothing but a fake and is cruel and hates me.

Security footage of the school principal suspending Rita Rebel in her office was shown. Ooooh! That douchebag just got exposed on live television, in front of the world! Savage! 

Anyways, after that, Rita's TikTok account got banned. And, well... Willow got her followers back and is now famous! But she doesn't do dance TikToks: she does music videos with Ariane. Which means... that she's famous! Oh, I'm so happy for her! 

I don't know why, but I feel more happy for her than I should be. Is this normal? Is this usual for teenagers my age (sixteen)? Sigh... I guess I still don't know the basics about being a teen and about socializing! Hehe...

Darling xox