Yesterday

"We have to go Layla,"Kyle helped me out.

"We just...just let her die,"I sniffled.

"There's fire everywhere we have to go upstairs,"Johnny informed us.

We ran upstairs all the way to the top. The fire was beginning to spread a lot faster. I looked to my side and didn't see Kyle.

"Wait Kyle's gone!"I yelled."Kyle!"

"I'll go look for him,"Johnny said.

"No Johnny stop!"Maya screamed.

"Hurry it's about to blow up!"I hollered.

......

Several minutes later Johnny came back with Kyle. Kyle was limping.

"There's nowhere else to go. We have to jump out a window right now before this hotel blows up,"Johnny coughed.

Jumping out of the window...again. I rolled my eyes and nodded my head. I can do this. I did this once I can sure do this again.

"On the count of three,"Maya held Johnny's hand.

"One,"Maya counted."Two."

"Three!"Johnny shouted.

We all ran (except for Kyle, he hopped on one foot) out of the biggest window. As soon as we hit the glass the hotel blew up into flames. I can hear them screaming, even myself screaming. Then I felt Kyle's hand let go of mine. Then we all landed in the water.

......

My head popped up out of the water and I caught my breath. I swam to the grass and got out. I looked around and didn't see Maya, Johnny or Kyle. I know they couldn't have drown because we all know how to swim.

"Kyle! Maya! Johnny! Maya! Kyle! Johnny!"I screamed.

I heard sirens coming near. The sound was getting closer and closer. I went back in the water and looked for them. I couldn't see them and the water was hurting my eyes. I got out and stood on the ground. I called their names again and I got no response. Then I saw fire trucks and police cars approaching. I wanted to wipe my eyes but decided not to. I needed to cry. This is time to let it all out. I screamed and ended up on my knees. I put my face in the palm of my hands and sobbed. Where are they? They couldn't disappear like that. And I know that they didn't drown.

"There's a girl over here!"I heard a man yell.

A hand touched my shoulder.

"Are you okay?"the man asked me.

"My friends...are...I can't find them,"I cried.

I didn't bother to look up. I wanted to be stuck in the moment. I wanted to hear Kyle's voice. Maya's voice. I wanted to make sure they're okay. Alive. But he picked me up and took me to the ambulance. A blanket was wrapped around me and I watched the firefighters try to put out the fire.

"Hi I'm Officer Leroy,"he introduced himself."And what's your name?"