Chapter 14

INDEX

Chapter 14: “Turning his gaze and smiling, Hua Che said, “Even if I cultivate the musical way, I’ll still be able to beat up the sword cultivators from the Shang Qing Immortal Sect until they’re looking for their broken teeth on the ground. Do you believe it?””

Hua Che’s heart warmed as the rims of his eyes unwittingly reddened.

If these words had been said to him in their previous life, his past self would likely feel so moved, he’d have turned silly by now.

“How did you become drunk without even drinking any wine?” Standing up, Hua Che practically fled from the scene.

His former longing has now become his fear.

With great difficulty, Hua Che had finally relinquished his old affections. He didn’t want to follow the same path to failure again just because of some sweet words.

Watching Hua Che’s back, Chu Binghuan didn’t plan on chasing him. He knew that this was a matter that couldn’t be rushed.

Currently, Hua Che was only sixteen years-old. He was different from that pretty and flirtatious demon lord who called the wind and summoned the rain. From inside to outside, the present Hua Che was still very innocent.

Don’t be fooled by how the youth pretended to be an old expert in romantic affairs, always flirting here and there. In reality, Hua Che’s face was even thinner than paper.

But no matter what, in this life, Chu Binghuan wouldn’t let the two of them miss each other again.

Hua Che bid farewell to Nanny Jiang that night. Scared witless, he returned to the Ling Xiao Temple by himself.

Mu Rongsa and Lin Yan returned half a day in advance, and also brought back a bunch of local specialties as souvenirs. They handed it all to Zhuang Xiaowu who took them to the kitchen to cook.

Mu Rongsa stealthily called Hua Che to the side before asking, “How was it? Did you talk things out with Chu Tianyu?”

Gazing at the blue sky and white clouds, Hua Che sighed. “I think……our situation became worse.”

“Ah?”

“Forget it, I can’t explain it clearly. My head is already hurting.” Hua Che rubbed his temples before smoothly shifting topics. “How about you? Going with Lin Yan to visit the countryside, how did it feel?”

“Ha ha ha ha, it was extremely fun!” The moment this was mentioned, Mu Rongsa immediately became excited. “Brother Hua, it’s such a pity you didn’t come with us. Little Yan has three older brothers, two little sisters, and one little brother, along with his parents and grandmother. It’s so lively with such a big family, you even need to fight over the food!”

Hua Che could imagine a scene like that.

The lives of cultivators were very long. After Yin energy enters the body, it washes away all the dirtiness from the mundane world. When one built their foundation, their lifespan would already surpass an ordinary mortal’s. After reaching the Golden Core stage, one would be able to live for at least two hundred years.

Mu Rongsa originally thought that when Lin Yan returned home, he’ll see a scene where everyone wept bitter tears, reluctant for their parting. He had already grabbed his own handkerchief, preparing to cry himself. As a result……  

People from surrounding villages all came to congratulate them. Father Lin even slaughtered a whole pig as a sacrifice to their ancestors. He told them that one of their Lin family’s offspring has become an Immortal Master, bringing countless honour to their forefathers.