Chapter 16

Chapter 16: “Hua Che yelled, “Little Ice Cube, don’t be careless! He has been cultivating for at least a hundred years!””

Hearing the word “ghost”, everyone there felt a wave of goosebumps.

Only Hua Che and Chu Binghuan remained calm and at ease.

“The Ghost Festival, the one day of the year where Yin energy is the strongest.” Hua Che explained. “Regardless of whether one had been a person or a beast, their souls would all go to the ghost realm after their deaths.”

“The ghost realm is a lawless place, where battles and mutual murdering are aplenty. If you could live past seven days, you would be capable of reincarnating, entering the cycle of reincarnation. On the contrary, you could also be gobbled up by other ghosts.”

“Should a ghost want to escape from the ghost realm and return to the mortal realm, they can only choose to move on the fifteenth of the seventh month. In addition, if they don’t want their souls to scatter, they would need to cultivate a physical body within this one day, or steal a living mortal’s. Otherwise, a soul wouldn’t be able to survive in the mortal realm by itself.”

Hearing all of this, everyone was in a daze.

Hua Che: “A cultivator’s soul and spiritual knowledge are the best supplements for ghost cultivators. Zuo Qi’s luck is really bad, happening to encounter a ghost cultivator who had just escaped from the ghost realm.”

“That……” Wen Yuan’s jaw had dropped, looking incomparably shocked. “Eighth junior-apprentice brother, why do you know so much about ghost cultivators?”

Hua Che blanked out. Only now did he suddenly realize that he had said too much information.

Facing gazes that said “you are very suspicious” from all directions, Hua Che racked his brains before randomly finding an excuse. “This, it’s all written in the book “Records of the Demonic Way’s Secrets”. That book is in Master’s library, did none of you read it ah? ”

Mu Rongsa was really deceived by him. “Why would I want to read something like that? It’s not like I want to be a demonic cultivator.”

Hua Che replied vaguely. “Know yourself and know your enemy to emerge victorious in every battle. There’s no harm in reading it.”

“Although records regarding the demonic and ghost realms are indeed written in that book, how do you know that ghosts in the ghost realm must mutually slaughter each other for seven days to survive?”

The one who had spoken was Chu Binghuan. His serene yet profound gaze was directed straight at Hua Che’s face.

“If you had not seen it personally with your own eyes, or experienced it for yourself, how could you find out about these things in such detail?”

Panic rose in Hua Che’s heart when he was questioned like this. Chu Binghuan was truly too perceptive and hard to fool.

However, Hua Che was never at a disadvantage when it comes to rambling incoherently and talking nonsense. “You must be wet behind the ears, mm? There’s quite a lot of unofficial history recorded. With regards to the matters about the ghost path, I know much more than compared to you, Little Ice Cube.”

Chu Binghuan pursed his thin lips. There was an extremely complicated look in his eyes.

Hua Che shifted his gaze to Lu Yao and the others. “What are you guys blanking out for? Do you have a Ghost Expelling Seal?”

“Oh, we do.” Treasures could be found all over a Shang Qing disciple’s body. In one breath, Lu Yao took out over twenty Ghost Expelling Seals. Within a range of a hundred li1, no ghost cultivators could hope of hiding.