Eleven

When Jungkook woke up six days later, he started screaming. He was in another surgical room and he struggled to sit up, remembering that the last thing he'd seen was Jimin jumping out of a four story window knowing that he most likely wasn't going to survive. It took four nurses and a syringe full of sedatives for the Alpha to finally slip back into unconsciousness. As he slept, all he could dream of was Jimin. The knowledge that he'd almost raped him twice, that he'd almost killed him, made Jungkook whimper like a pup. He could remember everything he'd done as that monster that dared call himself commander had created.

The next time Jungkook woke up, he was a lot calmer. Looking around, he noticed he wasn't alone. A small black-haired Omega was asleep in a chair next to Jungkook's bed, his mouth slightly parted as he softly snored. Jungkook tried to sit up but a stabbing pain in his chest stopped him as he whimpered. The sound was loud enough to make the Omega startle forward at the sound. His eyes flitted over Jungkook, as if assessing him before giving him a shy smile.

"You look a lot calmer this time, Jungkook."

Jungkook tilted his head, frowning. It then occurred to him that he'd woken up already, that he'd freaked. It all came flooding back, the memories, Jimin, everything. The Alpha couldn't hold back his tears anymore.

"Hey, it's okay," the Omega said. "Are you in pain? Should I call a nurse?"

Jungkook shook his head, furiously wiping his tears away. He took some deep breaths, calming himself before turning to the Omega who gave him a soft smile.

"I'm Taehyung," he said. "I uh, was Jimin's best friend."

Jungkook squeezed his eyes shut. So it was true. Jimin was gone. Forcing his eyes open, Jungkook looked at Taehyung, who also had tears in his eyes.

"He was a good friend, and he talked about you all the time. Even after the shithole we rescued him from, he told me he hoped that his Jungkookie was okay," Tae said as he tried to keep himself from crying.

He swallowed hard before opening his mouth. "Taehyung, please. Tell me, he didn't suffer did he?"

A sob escaped Taehyung, shaking his head.

"I want to see him."

"Jungkook, I-"

"No. I want to see him." His voice wavered at the end of his statement, but Jungkook wanted to see him. Wanted to tell him, even though he was already gone, that he loved him. Taehyung stood at that moment, looking down at Jungkook. "I'll see about your request," he said before he left the room.

A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door before a familiar face popped in.

"Hi Kook," Hobi said as he entered the room. "It's good to see you."

"Hobi, is he- he's really gone isn't he?"

Hobi looked around the room before focusing on Jungkook. "Listen, I'm not supposed to tell you this cause Suga has no idea if it will work, but I trust you and love you like a brother and I can't stand to see you in pain so-"

"Hobi, just tell me!"

The Beta sighed. "Alright, alright. Impatient little brat." He took a seat in the chair that Taehyung had left behind.

"I'm not sure you ever met him, but I have a friend, a medical expert, named Min Yoongi, also known as Suga. He's actually the one who found Jimin and brought him to me. Anyways, that day that Jimin jumped out the window, he saved your life, but he also raided the medical lab they had there. Yoongi found a serum that only had one label on it that just said 'heal' on it.