Chapter Four

The sun was beating down, yet it was chilly.

"Why is it so cold today?" questioned Judie.

"Go ask the weatherman," retorted Amy, pushing her hat down to cover her ears.

The small group of friends were bundled up, some in leather jackets and some in heavy coats. They were walking to the skating rink.

"Do you think they'll have hot chocolate?" Maddie reckoned, shoving her hands in her pockets.

"They always have hot chocolate, dummy," Lori stated, "they probably keep selling it just for you."

"It's strange how they always have hot chocolate," Alice noted.

The group laughed, rejoicing on finally getting to the booth. That was, until they saw who was running it.

"Oh, hello, guys!" Castor exclaimed, getting their shoes, "I didn't know you liked to skate!" He had a goofy grin on his face.

"Um, yeah." Alice replied, "I didn't know you worked here." The others nodded in agreement.

"Well, my team thought it would help me observe humans up close," he replied, "And I get long breaks."

The girls looked at each other.

"Is he still going on about Cassiopeia?" Lori whined.

"Do you think he's schizophrenic?" Amy muttered in a concerned voice.

"Nah," Judie stated, "Just not mentally stable."

Cue another awkward silence.

"Guys!" Castor called, running up, "Thanks for waiting!"

This was going to be an awkward experience.

~~~~~

"He's interacting with them, yet he hasn't gained their trust."

"The trust of humans is a strange marvel. It's like a glass. It's easy to break. And once it's broken, it's hard to fix."

"They're so.... human."
"Thank you for summing that up, sir."

"Watch your tongue."