Chapter 3 (S1): First day of school

After encountering a mysterious bird Pokémon, you, Pikachu and Lillie return to Iki Town to meet with Professor Kukui.

Professor Kukui turn to you both.

Kukui: Oh, (Y/n)! You already met Lillie, huh? She's my assistant, yeah.

You two go over to him.

Kukui: Lillie, I thought you were with the kahuna.

Lillie: Kahuna Hala? He said that he had something to attend to, so he left town on his own. I was just, um, taking a little stroll up Mahalo Trail while I waited for him to return...

She was a little bit timid.

He turns to you.

Kukui: And that's how you met our new neighbor (Y/n), huh? He got to Alola yesterday. Help him find his way around, yeah?

She turns to you as well and smile.

Lillie: So...you're also one of the professor's acquaintances?

(Y/n): Yes. I moved from the Kanto region.

Lillie: It's nice to meet you.

???: The kahuna is back! Kahuna Hala has returned!

??? #2: Our guardian's chosen is back!

??? #3: Only one of the strongest Pokémon users in all Alola, yeah!

In came an old man wearing a blue shirt under his yellow jacket with flower pattern, a shirt tied in a knot over a red and white fan, white shorts and white/blue flip-flops.

Hala: Have I missed something?

Kukui: There you are, Kahuna Hala. Was there some kind of trouble?

Hala laughs.

Hala: Just got caught up in the middle of some brawling Rockruff, that's all.

He turns to Lillie.

Hala: Sorry Lillie. What were you saying before? For some reason I thought I saw Tapu Koko flying about.

Nebby was beside her.

Lillie: Oh, um... Yes, Kahuna Hala... Nebby got attacked by some Spearow on hte Plank Bridge. And (Y/n) here helped protect it. But the bridge collapsed, and I thought both of them might fall to the bottom of the ravine... And that was when the island's guardian deity swooped in to save them.

Kukui was surprised.

Kukui: Woo! That's something you don't hear every day!

Hala: Ho! Although it is said to protect us, our Tapu Koko is a rather fickle creature. Yet our guardian was moved to save you.

(Y/n): Yeah, and I wanted to thank Tapu Koko for saving us.

Hala turns to Kukui.

Hala: Kukui, my boy. I think we have cause to celebrate. Looks like we have a brave and kind new Pokémon Trainer in our midst.