ii. almost collision

I. ALMOST COLLISION

Adjusting her grip on her backpack, she knocked on the Instructors' Lounge's door. It was her first day that day and she was practicing her introduction in her head. She picked her head up when she saw the door open, revealing the legendary choreographer Son Sungdeuk giving her a welcoming smile.

All those thoughts about meeting the legendary choreographer from the day she met Hoseok came rushing back to her. Her eyes were wide and bewildered as she stared at Son Sungdeuk's kind and welcoming eyes. She was starstruck. She couldn't even move her legs to enter the lounge as she was much too overtaken by her nerves. Not even a minute into meeting him, there was already that urge to impress him — which she was likely already failing in since she was acting like a statue.

"Oh, Gyeoul-ssi! You're a bit earlier than I expected," he voiced out in surprise, ushering her into the room. If he noticed the starstruck look in her eyes, he didn't say anything about it. He walked over to the fridge, "You can leave your bag on one of the couches. Do you want anything to drink?"

She put her bag down and quickly scanned the drinks through the glass door of the fridge, "Some coffee would be nice."

He chuckled slightly, fetching a can of cold-brew coffee with Kim Seokjin's face and giving it to her. The younger one smiled in thanks, accepting the can. "I haven't even introduced myself. I'm Son Sungdeuk, it's nice to finally meet you."

He said that it was nice to meet me! she inwardly fangirled. She bowed her head at him and opened the can, playing it cool by wearing a calm smile on her face. "It's nice to meet you too. I have a lot to learn from you."

The chief performance director nodded, smiling back at her, "You have a confident exterior as of the moment, but I know nervous eyes when I see it. Are you nervous about meeting the boys?"

"A little bit," she answered, drinking a small sip from the coffee.

"It's alright to be nervous. You're a genius choreographer, Gyeoul. They, along with the company, agreed to hire you because we know you'll do well."

She allowed her true feelings to surface with a grimace, "You're too kind."

Sungdeuk laughed at her reaction, "Don't undermine your talents, Gyeoul. Call me obnoxious, but I know how to see genius and hard work. Trust me, you'll do well." He sat down on one of the couches and went back to what he was doing on his laptop. "And feel free to come to me if you need anything, I'll be with you through every step of the way. Just not today because I have a meeting regarding I-LAND."

"Thank you, sir. I will make sure to keep that in mind." She raised her can as if to toast before gradually drinking it in large amounts.

"No need for such formality, you can call me comfortably or refer to me as your senior instead."

She didn't even need to have a successful meeting with BTS to make her day. The Son Sungdeuk talked casually with her, offered her talent compliments, and even gave her a kind-of pep talk. It's safe to say that she can now die happily.

Gyeoul furrowed her eyebrow as she heard a few giggles echoing from the hallway. "Are kids allowed in here?"

The performance director only shrugged, "This company's idols are a bunch of kids at heart, some of the staff too."

The younger female pursed her lips and nodded her head, throwing her empty can away. She gave her senior a salute, slipped the bag's strap on her shoulder, and made her way to the door. Just as she opened the door, a figure pressed on his heels, stopping himself from running into her. At the same time, she quickly took a step back and folded her hands in front of her as a shield.