xxiv. love, love, love

XXIV. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

If Taehyung was being honest, he had no idea how to work around his apartment's kitchen. Even at the dorm. Everything there is to do with anything other than washing the dishes was almost always beyond him.

"What do you think? Should I call Jin-hyung? I don't think he's awake right now. Should I call my mother instead? Then again, she'd probably tease me to death," he wondered aloud, looking at Yeontan. "I forgot you can't talk."

He would make gimbap but he didn't have any seaweed sheets. Pulling out his phone, he searched for easy breakfast recipes.

The morning was colder than usual so he should try making something warm. After searching for a recipe for dakjuk, he set his phone down and went to get all of the ingredients.

And he was stumped.

"The internet is made for a reason, goodness gracious, Kim Taehyung," he muttered, pulling at the roots of his hair.

He opened his phone and played music, making sure to keep it soft and low so he wouldn't wake his friend up. After that, he perched the phone on one of the empty mugs on the counter. Clapping his hands, he took one of the aprons off the hooks somewhere on the side of the kitchen and tied it tight around his waist as if he was in a montage in a movie where the superhero was preparing for a battle.

"Let's get down to business."

About half an hour later, he was almost finished with breakfast.

There were instances where he was adding more salt or pepper to the variety of food he was making without noticing because he zoned out — more than he cared to admit. But upon looking at the finished product, it looked promising.

He smiled to himself as he started to brew her coffee. Coffee smelled so nice but tasted like how he'd imagine caca to taste like. Why would he have a coffee maker in his apartment when he doesn't like coffee? Even he didn't know. He figured that he must have bought it for the aesthetic. Either way, he was glad that he had one just for the sake of Gyeoul who could barely function each day without her daily dose of caffeine.

"Good morning, baby."

Scarlet immediately rose to Taehyung's cheeks, an uncontrollable smile blossoming across his features.

"Good mor—"

He turned around to return her sweet greeting and his smile instantly dropped.

Gyeoul had Yeontan picked up, smothering the small dog with kisses. She laughed heartily, moving her face away as he started to bump his nose and lick her face. Putting him down, she looked up in Taehyung's direction and appeared to just have noticed him. Seeing the dishes placed on the island counter, she raised her eyebrows.

"Morning, Kim Tae," she greeted, walking up to him and washing her hands. "I didn't expect you to be up so early. I don't see you at work until the early afternoon." She gestured at the plates, "I didn't expect you to be cooking either. You should have woken me up if you wanted breakfast."

Taehyung ruffled her hair with a smile, "I know you prefer going to work early." He poured her coffee and handed it to her. "And I want you to judge my cooking."

"I'm touched," Gyeoul hummed nonchalantly, but her insides were melting into endeared mush.

He picked up the dishes from the counter and brought them over to the dining table. Eagerly placing food in her bowl, he sat down and waited for her to take a bite.