One

DISCLAIMER: During the conversations between Druig and Makkari they're not actually speaking to each other physically with their mouths, but the dialogue is there so you know what they're saying through sign language. But sometimes when Druig talks to her he is both speaking and signing.

**

Druig took pleasure in controlling people.

It was easy anyways. Ever since he was young, he basically got everything he wanted. He was the only son of two people who were considered to be a power couple. His mom, Gemma, being a health specialist and his dad, Coll, being the head of a successful pharmaceutical company. They came together to expand their expertise and formed a business that sold natural remedies and secrets to a healthier lifestyle.

Everyone ate it up and helped to expand their empire. By the time Druig was born, they were considered celebrities in the health industry meaning he was just as important as them.

Having privilege like that easily got to one's head. He knew from a young age that he was better than a lot of people. He could tell by the big mansion he resided in. The maids, cooks, tailors and landscapers attending to all their needs. The luxury cars, designer clothes, expensive accessories, he was never without something.

Naturally he noticed the less fortunate people, he felt somewhat bad for them too. When he could he would leave a bit of money in an old beggar's cup. The looks of appreciation they gave him made his heart tingle in excitement. They looked up to him, saw him as superior just because he gave them a little bit of what he had. But he still made sure they knew their place, made sure they saw his nice hair, his expensive clothes, because at the end of the day he was better than them.

He made sure everyone knew that, even his friends. He knew most of them were only close to him because of his status. He was the heir to his parents empire, he had so much in his hands. Everyone was aware of this fact which is why they wanted to be closer to him in the first place. Druig didn't mind though, because that meant they would do anything he wanted.

"Don't you think it's time you started looking for a girlfriend?" His mother asked him that night over dinner.

He stopped cutting at his bland, non-fat steak. The thought of another person by his side, sharing his spotlight made him sick.

"Your mom's right, you're already 20. You should start looking for someone to date." His dad sipped on a glass of white wine.

"Not really interested in anyone." Druig muttered back.

"Not too worry, we are throwing a banquet later this week to celebrate the launch of our new quinoa products. Many people will be there, including our old friends Thena and Gilgamesh. There will probably be a few other people your age there as well you can mingle with. We can even set you up with someone if you'd like." His mom gave him a painted smile. A smile that meant he was most likely not getting out of that event.

His parents were the only people he had a hard time controlling, but that didn't mean he wouldn't retaliate against them every once in a while.

He cleared his throat. "And what if I don't want to go?"

"You don't really have a choice." His dad chimed in.

Druig shot him a look.

"Come on," his mom placed a gentle hand over his hand. "I promise this will be good for you."

"What about being forced into a relationship will be good for me?" He raised his voice. The room fell into a hush, the only sounds echoing around them were from the cooks cleaning up in the kitchen.