Five

"Julian, what outfit do you recommend for a first date that you can't mess up or your chances with the first woman you've ever had feelings for will be ruined forever." Druig spoke as he stared blankly at the pile of clothes he'd pulled from the crevices of his huge closet.

His date with Makkari was later that night and he'd been stressing about it the whole day. What should he wear? How should he act so he wouldn't offend her again? How should he look? He even got nervous talking to her over text so how could he face her again? He'd barely gotten any sleep thinking about everything. He tugged at his messy hair and began pacing around.

Julian watched him warily from the entrance of his closet. "Mr. Engel, are you feeling okay?"

"No! Do I look okay? I feel like a chicken with my fucking head cut off!" He snapped. "Please just help me pick out an outfit!"

"Okay, okay," Julian rushed forward and started rummaging through his clothes. "Where are you planning to go with her?"

"I wanted to bring her somewhere fancy to impress her but I remembered it's not about me, it's about her. I want to get to know her better so I should go places she likes as well." He sighed and rubbed his eyes. "So we settled on bowling because apparently it's her favorite past-time. Then we would just get burgers or something afterwards."

Julian nodded at his words and then pulled out a maroon button up shirt with a simple embroidered collar and casual looking blue jeans. He took out blaxk leather loafers as well. Even though the outfit was simple, all three pieces were almost $800 combined. "If you're doing something casual with her, you want to dress simple but also decent as well. You are sticking to your style but you're not overshadowing her."

Druig scanned the outfit and begun clapping. "That's perfect Julian. Thank you."

He gave Druig a shocked look.

"What?" Druig blinked.

"Nothing...I just think that's the first time you actually thanked me for something."

"Oh." He bit his lip. "Well..."

"I don't know who this woman is but I think she is a very good influence on you Mr. Engel."

Druig chuckled. "Tell my parents that. They literally hate her already but they barely know her."

"Well, if you're passionate about her then their opinions shouldn't matter." Julian froze suddenly. "But please don't tell them I said that or I might lose my job."

"Don't worry, my lips are sealed."

"Julian?" His dad's voice suddenly called from Druig's room. He appeared in the closet a few seconds later. "There you are, I've been looking everywhere for you. Remember I need my suit fitted for a meeting I'm having later today."

"Sorry sir, I was just helping your son with something-"

"With what exactly?" His grey eyes fell on Druig who was giving him a flat look. They still hadn't made up from their last fight.

"Um," Julian glanced awkwardly at Druig who cleared his throat.

"I needed an outfit for my date later today and he helped me out a lot." He crossed his arms.

Col raised his brow. "Your date?"

"Yes. I'm going on a date."

"With who? You never told us you were interested in anyone."

"Mom already knows who she is. You know, she was talking shit about her the other day and you were defending her."

"Oh," Col sighed and glanced at Julian. "Can you give us a moment please?"