Two

Druig stared at himself quietly in the mirror over his tailor, Julian's, shoulder as they adjusted the tie and collar on his black suit.

"Mr. Engel, would you like to wear a necklace or a watch with this suit?" Julian asked him.

Druig sighed and tilted his head boredly at his reflection. "It doesn't matter to me." The dreaded banquet was only in a couple hours and he still wasn't happy about being forced to attend. Usually he didn't mind going to his parent's fancy events, but since he knew they'd be throwing women left and right at him he wasn't looking forward to it at all.

It'd been a few days since the incident at the bar and Makkari was still on his mind. Many times he'd tried to force her out of his head, but the attempts were unsuccessful. He had to keep reminding himself that she literally turned him down which meant she wasn't interested in him.

His stomach twisted at the thought. Someone not being interested in him? How was that even possible? He shook his head. It didn't matter. In the end, he was probably never going to see her again. He needed to forget about her.

"Ah, Druig, you look lovely, very dapper." He heard his mom exclaim as she entered the room. She wore a sparkly white dress that was showing a bit too much of her legs. "Julian, make sure you give him a nice watch to wear, preferably a gold one."

"I'm on it m'am."

She put her hands on Druig's shoulders then and smiled at him. "A little birdie told me that Abel and Mariah Orson's daughter Farrah will be at the banquet today, and your father and I think you two would make a very good match."

Druig gritted his teeth. Farrah Orson was probably one of the most annoying women he'd ever come across. Her voice made his skin crawl.

"That really pretty woman Sersi is also attending, you two would look nice together as well-"

"She's already with Ikaris, mom, you know that." Drug rolled his eyes. "Can you and dad just let me find someone on my own in peace?"

"Fine but if I don't see you talking to someone by the end of the night, I will be stepping in."

"Alright, alright."

Druig let out a long sigh when she finally left the room. He already knew that day was going to be long and painful.

"Julian." He spoke up.

"Yes sir?"

"I need you to cover for me if I don't find someone by the end of the night, okay?"

Julian gulped. "Cover for you, how?"

"I don't know, fabricate something, make up a lie so my parents think I at least attempted to get with someone. That way they'll leave me alone for a bit." He said. "They trust you, so they'll believe what you say."

"But, I don't think it would be good for me to lie to them sir-"

Druig gave him a narrow look and saw him tense up underneath his gaze. "I wasn't asking you, I was telling you. This is something that you have to do for me. Do you understand?"

"R-Right, sorry sir. I'll definitely help you."

"Good." He smirked.

That was too easy.

**

The night came quickly. The banquet was being thrown in the foyer of the grand and luxurious Lotus Hotel in the middle of the city, with gold finishings and sparkly crystal encrusted white tiles. People were still flowing in, tasting his parent's new quinoa bars, cereal, and chips that were out on display.