Chapter 6

I hugged my jacket tightly around my body, the Canadian weather a stark change to that of Venice, Italy.

   Erika huddled up next to me. "It's freezing out here."

   "Seriously." Peggy added.

   "Do you even know where you're going?" April asked.

   "Yeah, there should be a train station just through these trees." I replied.

   "You said that an hour ago." Peggy said.

   I rolled my eyes. "And, an hour ago, I was still right... Just, a little further back than I thought."

   "How do you even know there's a train station all the way out here, anyway?" April asked.

   I lowered my head a little. "The last time my father and I came to visit my uncle, we took the train to his cabin... We took this train..."

   Erika squeezed my hand. "You ok?"

   I nodded. "Yeah..."

   We walked in silence for a while, before eventually coming up on the train station.

   "Finally." Peggy said, running for a nearby bench.

   Erika and I stopped, taking in the sight. April patted my shoulder as she walked past. "Sorry for doubting you."

   "Just don't do it again." I replied, flashing her a wink.

   She chuckled as she joined Peggy on the bench.

   I took Erika's hand, leading her towards the ticket booth. "C'mon, let's grab a few tickets."

   After paying we took a seat on the bench next to April and Peggy's.

   "I've never been on a train before." Erika said.

   "Me neither." Peggy added.

   April turned to me then. "Remember that job in Burma?"

   I started to laugh. "Yes. You were to busy fooling around with that blonde in the bathroom to realize she was the target."

   "What'd you guys do?" Erika asked.

   April and I shared a somber look, the laughter dying out. "We got off at the next station and led her out into the jungle... We buried her out there..."

   I looked down, April's words sinking in a little to deep. "That was a long time ago..."

   "Is that why you're single?" Peggy asked.

   April stood then, leaning against a post under the awning, remaining silent.

   I shot Peggy a glare. She raised her hands. "I'm sorry... I didn't know..."

   The sound of the train in the distance prompted me to stand, Erika and Peggy following close behind.

   I rested a hand on Aprils shoulder as the train screeched to a halt in front of us.

   Passengers disembarked, a crowd forming around us. That's when I noticed Clive through the crowd, followed closely by a few men in dark sunglasses, their tactical vests covered by long jackets.

   I whispered in Aprils ear then. "We have company... Stay on your toes..."

   She nodded before stepping onto the train, Peggy close behind.

   I took Erika's hand, leading her up with me. "Stay close..."

   After handing over our tickets, we found a few seats in one of the cars, seeing Clive and his men sit down a few seats in front of us.