Chapter 4

My eyes fluttered open, seeing Erika sound asleep next to me, her body warm against mine.

I smiled lightly, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead before rolling out of bed.

I headed into the bathroom, turning the shower on before stripping out of my clothes.

The water was warm against my back. My muscles were sore, my mind fatigued. This was a lot, even for me.

Then, I heard the door open and, after a second, Erika stepped into the shower behind me.

"Good morning." She greeted, wrapping her arms around my waist, placing a kiss to the back of my neck.

I leaned into her, her presence making me feel at ease.

"Good morning." I replied.

She pulled back and I turned around to face her.

"You always look so beautiful in the morning." She said.

A little smile tugged at my lips. "So do you."

She returned it before leaning in, pressing a tender kiss to my lips.

I tangled my hands in her wet hair as the kiss deepened.

She backed herself into the shower wall, running her hands down my sides.

I sucked in a tight breath as I pulled away. "I love you, Erika."

She flashed me a smirk. "I know."

I rolled my eyes playfully before capturing her lips once more, running my hand down her chest to her waist.

She looked into my eyes as my hand settled between her thighs, a slight moan escaping her.

I pressed my forehead against hers, my heartbeat quickening.

Then, her head lulled back and I moved to her neck, kissing just under her ear.

"Carlie..." She said breathlessly.

I flashed her a smirk this time. "I know..."

She giggled a little as I got down on my knees, pressing my tongue against her.

Her hand instinctively tangling in my hair as I looked up into her eyes.

Her breathing became labored, her eyes closing tight. "Carlie..!"

I stood up, meeting her lips for another quick kiss.

"You taste good." She said between breaths.

"That's not me." I replied with a wink.

She shook her head and smiled, kissing me again. "How about I really taste you, then?"

I backed up under the water, leaning against the other wall. "I'm waiting..."

Her eyes filled with lust as she closed the distance between us, capturing my lips in a fierce kiss, her hand immediately finding its place just below my waist.

"Fuck..." I moaned.

She wrapped her delicate fingers around my neck, her other hand picking up speed.

And, just as I was about to fly over that edge, she stopped.

My knees felt week, my heart rate quick. "Why'd you stop..?"

She smirked. "I believe I said I wanted to taste you..."

She licked her fingers seductively before dropping to her knees, pressing her tongue against me.

"Fuck... Erika..!"

   As the sun fully rose in the sky, we met Peggy and April in the parking lot.

"Ready to hit the road?" I asked.

   Peggy nodded while April just got in the car, refusing to speak a word to me.

   I let out a sigh as Erika and I got in...

   We drove in heavy traffic towards the Canadian border.

Erika held my hand, staring out the window at the passing mountains, snow covering our surroundings.

I honked the horn as someone cut me off. "C'mon! Get a move on, asshole!"

"Is she always this bad?" Erika asked.

"No, she's worse." April said from the backseat.

I glanced at her in the rear view mirror. "What's your problem?"

"I guess you forgot our little conversation last night. Or, lack thereof." She replied, folding her arms over her chest.

I shook my head. "April-"

Peggy cut us off. "Uh, guys, check this out." She said, showing us a news story on her phone.

"Holy shit." April said.

"What is it?" Erika asked.

"The other members of our team are already dead." April replied.

"Not to mention we're all federal fugitives now." Peggy added.

"How the hell are we supposed to cross the border?" I asked.

"Maybe they don't have our pictures yet." Peggy said.

April rolled her eyes. "Doubt it."

I looked around at all the cars boxing us in, the border crossing rapidly approaching. "I guess we're about to find out."

Erika's hold on my hand tightened. "What do we do if they arrest us?"

"We hope they throw us in a Canadian jail, far away from Jag and her stooges." April said bitterly.

Two cars stood between us and the border.

"We have to get our stories straight and fast." I said.

April scoffed. "Alright, let's hear 'em then, Miss fearless leader."

I glanced at her again. "I'm warning you, April."

She quickly pulled her pistol, aiming it at the back of my head. "I have a plan, let's blow your head off right here and see how far we can get."

"April!" Erika yelled.

"What the hell are you doing?" Peggy asked.

With April distracted, I pulled the revolver, pointing it right between her eyes. "Drop it."

April smirked. "You first."

There was only one car between us and the border now.

"Guys, whatever the hell this is, we have to put it on hold. We're next." Peggy said.

April and I glared at each other before begrudgingly lowering our guns. "Fine." I said.

April stared me down. "This isn't over."

Just as we put the guns away, the car in front of us pulled through, meaning it was our turn.

A Canadian border patrol agent stepped out in front of the car as the gate lowered.

He came over to my side and I rolled the window down. "So, what brings you to Canada? Business or pleasure?"

"A little bit of both." Peggy said from the back seat.

He smiled at her before holding his hand out. "Passports?"

We all handed over our passports and he walked over to the computer.

We all seemed to hold our breathes as he checked each passport.

"Is it supposed to take this long?" Erika whispered.

"Who knows." April replied.

Then, the man returned with our passports. "Alright, ladies... Welcome to Canada..."