Prologue

Disclaimer: Everything besides Bella and her family belong to Square Enix.

Comment and vote. Happy Reading.
&$&@$$@@$&@

My name is Bella Lauren. I was born in Divinia. I wasn't really an ordinary girl. I should tell you about my mother. My mother, Elincia was born a shifter on Cocoon. A shifter was a person who can teleport from one world to the next. My mother spent time in Cocoon and another world called Divinia from a young age of 4.

One day, my mother shifted to Divinia to explore as usual. She was spending time wandering the streets in the kingdom of Hessia. My mother was at a bookstore reaching for a book. She couldn't reach it until she notice a man's hand reaching the book for her. The man got the book out and gave it to her. They looked into each other's eyes and they fell in love. The man, Ephraim was the crown prince of Hessia.

My mother shifted to Divinia to meet with the Ephraim as much as she could without anyone in Cocoon knowing where she was. After one year, Ephraim proposed to my mother. She accepted his proposal and he announced to all of Divinia his engagement. The people accepted her due to her gentle heart and kindness. The aristocrats however were not pleased with my mother. They expected Ephraim to marry a noble woman. Over the course of their engagement, she had won them over except for his aunt Midia and Wendell, the duke of Renais.

As tradition, my father presented her a necklace as a symbol of their love. Also, it was a sign of her being part of the royal family. It was a gold necklace with a purple gemstone pendant. She loved the necklace.

In Cocoon, she told her best friend Nora that she was getting married, but she never told her about who she was marrying and her shifting powers. My mother promised Nora that she would visit as much as she could in her spare time. She said that she was moving far away to be with her fiancee. After that, my mother stayed more time in Divinia than Cocoon.

With the King's blessing, they were married in front of the whole kingdom. My mother became the crown princess. A year later, my brother, Matthias was born. Four years later, the King passed away due to old age. Ephraim and my mother became the King and Queen of Hessia.

Six years later, my mother was accused by Midia and Wendell for stealing the sacred dagger. The dagger was important in Hessia. It was to show who was really ruling the kingdom. My mother said that she was being framed. She never took the dagger. But, they found the dagger in her room. She was stripped of her title and sentenced to exile. Most of all, she was forced to divorce Ephraim. Shockingly, Ephraim believed Midia and Wendell.

During her exile, she met with Buki, a native warrior from Shadani-Mo. They met during her first visit to Divinia many years ago. She also met with Elco from Transentine during her travels around Divinia during her younger years. Elco was a researcher. They became friends as well. All three of them became close during over the years. They allowed her to live with them. My mother spent time traveling between the two places over time.

On day, my mother thought that she was sick, but she was pregnant with me. Thats right. The King was my father. He never knew about the pregnancy. My mother thought it was a good idea for me to grow up in a simple environment.

A few months later, I was born. My mother taught me the royal customs as part of my birthright. But, most importantly, she taught me the ways of living in Cocoon. My mother shifted me to Cocoon many times for a visit. It was amazing.

At the age of 13, my mother decided that we live on Cocoon. My mother made the arrangements such as housing and schooling. Since my mother taught me about Cocoon, I didn't have to worry so much about being alienated by the other kids. Also, my mother gave me her engagement necklace as a birthday present. I didn't want it at first, but mother said as a reminder of where I came from.

We moved to Palumpolum. My mother took me here many times so I knew my way around the place. My mother said that she had a friend who was living there. I only met her once. Her name was Nora. I was about five years old. I knew that she had a son.

Once we shifted to the place, it was amazing to my eyes as usual. Once we got settled to our new home, my mother decided that we visit her friend. I got my bag and we walked out.