Chapter 17: The Final Battle

Disclaimer: Everything besides Bella and her family belong to Square Enix.

$$:::$&;;

We made it. To our destination. "Ready?" Lighting asked us. "It's now or never," I said. "Yeah, Ready," Hope said and we walked down the steps. The shining lights were here too. The bird flew by us and Barthandelus appeared again. We saw two people in crystal. It was Dodge and Serah. They shattered into little bits.

Snow couldn't believe it, but we were able to snap him out of it. Barthandelus transformed again. We were able to beat him and he fell into the ground in water. We thought he was done. Everyone celebrated but, me. "What is it Bella?" Hope asked. Everyone turned to me. "This was way too easy. Something isn't right," I said.

I was right. I looked up to see the bird. It went into the water and the ground shook. We heard Barthandelus's voice. He rose from the water into something bigger. We had to fight him again. We were able to beat this form of him. We were shocked to the ground by his power.

I blacked out.

I woke up to Fang wanting to hurt Vanille. I got up as much strength as I could. I walked in front of Vanille. Hope and Lightning followed me. Sazh and Snow tried to pull Fang back. The next thing, I knew Fang got freed and I blacked out.

I saw something. I saw Hope and I when we were older. We were together. {What is this?} I saw Hope turned to me. "I can't believe we are able to live our lives like this," Hope said. I saw myself turn to him. "I know," I said. We smiled at each other and gave each other a kiss.

Everyone clapped at us. We were all smiling.

Then I woke up.

I got up and saw Hope heal Vanille. I walked forward. "You're powers are no match to our will to beat you Barthandelus," I said to him. "Where were you?" Vanille asked. "Somewhere cold and dark, just thinking about everything that happened up until now And then..and then it was like-," Hope said. Snow cut in. "It was like-I had a glimpse of the future. Everyone was smiling and laughing," he said.

We all had a similar "focus." We faced Barthandelus. "You say you want your Day of Wrath, do you? Well it's coming right up!" Hope said. I got my weapon ready. "Time we gave the people what they really want," Sazh said. Barthandelus came out in a different form like a clock.

"Sure, you think the end of the world is salvation. All you care about is death's release. So take it, and leave the rest of us alone. We don't think like that. When we think there's no hope left, we keep looking until we find some. Maybe Cocoon is past saving, but it's our home. And we'll protect it or die trying! We live to make the impossible possible! That is our focus!" Lightning said.

We were able to defeat him for good. Something weird was going on. It began to turn dark. We were floating in the sky. I could see myself turning into crystal. "Stay together," I heard Lightning said. I grabbed onto Lightning and Hope. We look below us to see Vanille and Fang. {Were they going to turn into Ragnarok?}

I blacked out.

I woke up and took my first breath. I looked up in the sky to see Cocoon in crystal and sitting on a pillar of crystal.

"They did it. They saved the world," i heard Lightning said. "No. They gave us a new one," Snow said. "That's one gift I will forgive for not wrapping," Sazh said. "I can't believe that it's over," I said. {Everything that had happen, I survived through it.} "Yeah," Hope said.

"Is this mean, we completed our focus?" Hope asked. "Focus complete," Sazh said. "It is really a miracle," Lightning said. I looked at Hope to see him looking at his wrist. "My brand its gone," Hope said.
I looked at my waist. "Mine is gone too," I said with a smile.

I turned up to see Hope giving me a smile. I went up to him and gave him a hug. "I can't believe that it's over," I said. He gave me a hug in return. I heard Snow call out to Serah. We pulled apart and turned to see Dodge and Serah alright. Hope ran up and we notice that Vanille and Fang were not here.

Soon, Serah gave Lightning a hug. "Serah. I'm sorry," Lightning apologized. Serah pulled back. "It's okay," she said. Snow said that they had a wedding to plan. Lightning gave them her blessing.

Later, a PSICOM troop came to us and said that Hope's father is on his way. Hope looked at me. "Come with me," he said with a smile. I nodded my head. We gave our goodbyes and we walked away with our hands together.

Normal view...

"I wouldn't be surprise if they become a couple," Snow said with a smile. "Yeah," Lightning said.