Chapter 2: My Wish

Disclaimer: Everything besides Bella and her family belong to Square Enix.

Comment and vote. Happy Reading.

&$&@$$@@$&@

My mother and I met them at the train station. We saw them waiting for us. We walked towards them with our bags. "Ready for the trip?" Hope asked me. "Yep," I said with a smile. I heard that his father cancelled his trip with us due to work. In a way, Hope seemed happy about it.

"Alright lets go," Nora said. Hope helped me with my bag. We sat in a compartment and we rode off. It would take a couple hours or so to reach Bodhum. Hope and I would have our own conversations about what we were going to do at Bodhum.

We got to the Bodhum. We walked out of the train and got a condo. The place was more beautiful than I had imagined. Hope and I would be sharing a room. Luckily there were two beds. I started to unpack some things a bit. I put my clothes in the drawers and some other things on my nightstand.

I packed my Chakram with me. It was a weapon. It was a ring that was gold and silver at the edge with purple gemstones on it. Buki gave it to me on my tenth birthday. I knew how to use it very well. I covered it with a sleeve so no one would feel threatened by it. I strapped it onto my waist for my own protection.

I notice Hope putting his boomerang in his back pocket. We heard the door open. Nora came inside the room. "Dinner will be ready soon. You guys should freshen up a bit," she said with a smile. We walked to the dining room and ate our dinner.

We were going to Ewleede Canyon tomorrow. It was a popular tourist spot. They just reopen the spot to tourist. They had to clean up an accident that happened. I was excited to see the place. I even get to see a fal'cie.

Next day.......

I woke up early in the morning. I looked around the room. Hope was still sleeping. I slowly got out of bed and went to the bathroom to wash up. After washing up and getting dressed, I walked out to see Hope awake.

"Good morning," I said with a smile. He turned to me. "Good morning," he said and got up from his bed. "You should get ready. We have a big day ahead of us," I said and walked to my bag. I heard the door to the bathroom close.

After breakfast, we went to the canyon like we planned to do. There were a lot of PSICOM troops around the place. I felt a bit uneasy about it. Overall, the place was very interesting. I knew that this trip was going to be great.

Few days later.....

We had so much fun. I hope that Hope was having fun as well. I didn't want him to dwell into his problems with his father.

It was time for the fireworks. My mother decided to stay behind in the condo. She told me to go with them. We walked up close to see them. My mother told me that I could make a wish. It was sort of a tradition. People were celebrating for the fireworks to begin. I was really excited to see it. I was curious about them being different from Transentine fireworks.

Soon the fireworks started to appear on the night sky. They were very different in a way. They were more beautiful. I clasped my hand together and closed my eyes. I made my wish.

I wish for a great life in this world.

I looked up at the fireworks when I was done. "Not making a wish Hope," I heard. I turned to home who was right next to me. He turned to his mother. "Mom. You still believe in that kind of stuff. Wishing on fireworks. Really? Thats for little kids," he said. His mother puts him in a bit of a headlock. "Who are you calling a kid?" she asked with humor. "You," he said. I giggled a bit.

I was glad to see that he was having a good time. His mother still had her arms wrapped around his shoulders. Hope turned to me. "What did you wish for?" Hope asked me. I gave him a smile. "That's for me to know and for you to find out," I said. He knew that I wasn't going to tell. He gave me a smile.

He turned to his mother. "What did you wish for?" he asked and turned back to the fireworks. Nora let out a sigh before she began to speak. "That next year, your father could come with us," she said. I looked at Hope's face.

His face turned bitter and shrugged his mothers hands away from his shoulders. {Here we comes.} "Why? Its better this way. We don't need him," he said. His mother had a sad face on. In a way, he should be happy that he had a father who lived with him. I never met my father.

After the fireworks, we returned to the condo. Hope and I went to our room to get ready for bed. After I had washed up, I went under the covers and thought about what had happen with Hope. Something about his father made Hope angry. I wondered what the reason was.

"Are you ready for bed?" I heard. I turned to Hope who was ready to turned the lights off. "Uh...yeah," I said and pulled the covers over me. He turned the lights off and went under his covers. "I'm sorry if I ruined your day," I heard. "It's okay. I enjoyed the fireworks, they are...a bit different than I'm used to seeing," I said.

"What do you mean?" he asked. "I'll tell you later on," I said. After that, we drifted off to sleep.

Everything changed the next day onward.