They hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool- John Lennon

All rights reserved to hahaisabella1415

Chapter two: They hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool- John Lennon

%Benjamin Davis%

Oh god, we sounded like crap.

Individually we would be fine, but together we weren't cohesive. I realized that we never talked about what song we were going to play.

I was currently rocking out on they keyboard like John Paul Jones from Led Zepplin doing my thing, while Ava-Sophia is singing 'Dream on' by Aerosmith and owning it, Finn is singing 'Livin' on a prayer' by Bon Jovi and playing the bass guitar and is a great singer and guitarist, Miles is rocking out like Keith Moon, and Dominic is just going crazy on the guitar and for a second I see the love child of Jimmi Hendrix and Slash from guns n' roses. 

But together we sound like crap. 

we finish and the bell rings. I grab my backpack and head towards the door but Mr.Jefferson stops me and the others.

"Homework due on Monday, I expect to see the people who I gave detention to tomorrow," Mr.Jefferson said.

"But Mr.J, tomorrow's Saturday!" Ava-Sophia said shocked.

"I'm well aware of that, Ava-Sophia. Have a good day class," Mr.J says moving to the side so that the class can leave.

Me, Finn, Ava-Sophia, Miles and Dominic glance at each other before we walk off in our seperate ways.

I head to the film department.

"Just the guy I was looking for, Benji Davis, the man with the golden fingers!" My friend, Dex, said.

"Hey Dexter, how's the labratory?" I mocked him.

He flipped me the bird. 

*Ava-Sophia Andrews*

I walked into the cafeteria with my usual posey in tow. I was getting tired of them, as usual. I'm pretty sure that not one of my 'friends' actually liked me. They were all using me for my Daddy's money. Sometimes I wish I was brave enough to just ditch them. Sometimes I get so tired of impressing everybody. If you eat, you're fat. If you're skinny, you're anorexic. If you're smart, you're a nerd. If you're not, you're stupid. If you smoke pot you're a crack head. If you don't you're a goody goody. If you cover up you're a prude. If you don't you're a slut. There's no impressing anyone. John Lennon put it best when he sung 'they hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool' in 'Working class hero'. I always feel like I'm chained down by these expectations of me. I wish I was brave enough to tell everyone to fuck off, but I'm not. I'm a scared little pussy and I'm sick of it. The only time I ever feel free is when I sing. It feels like I'm on top of the world and it's a liberating feeling. The feeling of being in control of my life is addicting. My parents are always deciding what I do, what I wear, who I hang out with, what I want to be when I get older. I'm sick of it. When I dyed the tips of my hair, my dad freaked and it felt awesome. To be able to decide what color I wanted my hair and to finally control something in my life, even something as simple as my hair color, was an amazing feeling. But the feeling didn't last long. I need to do something big, something that will always let me have control of my life, but I don't know what exactly to do.

I waved goodbye to my friends and headed to the dance/music studio. 

I took out my iphone 5 and plugged it into the speakers and put on Beyonce's "listen"

As soon as I made sure no one was here, I started to sing along.

"Now I'm done believing you, you don't know what I'm feeling" I sang along and I was proud of myself when I hit all the high notes.