Chapter 6. Choose

Chapter 6. Choose

November 12, 11:00A.M.

Back to what we were ORIGINALLY talking about.

Today was the day I- well, we, had to choose if we would stay here and train to become assassins.

Or go back to the orphanage where it would probably be years till someone came that wanted all of us. But keep our innocence.

We were currently in our dorm room talking it out.

"I think we should stay." Hunter said with a no-nonsense tone.

"Hold your horses Hunter. It was an assassin who-" I stopped myself. Who had killed mom and dad. They all knew what I was about to say. "How do we know it wasn't one of these guys?"

"We don't." Hazel spoke up. I was surprised at her saying this. She was usually he optimistic one out of the three of us. "But we have to think about this. If we go back to the orphanage it could get shut down someday, and we could still be there. What do we do then? Just live on the streets? How good will that be for Henry?"

She had a point. Henry was almost 2 now and walking. We couldn't keep an eye on him 24/7 if we were on the streets. Here, there was someone everywhere. He would never get lost. There would always be someone to get him out of the way if something was coming at him. He would be safe here. Not to mention fed on a regular basis. Which was good.

"It's two to one Hailey." Hunter said looking at me with a half smirk.

"This is not a democracy. But I-"

"Yes it is." Hazel said looking me straight in the eye.

I glared at her. "It's not. But I agree with you anyway. I think we should stay too. On one condition." I raised my voice to make sure they were listening. "They have to promise us that Henry won't start their 'training' until he's 10."

They both nodded.

"Ok. So we tell them that we'll stay on that one condition."

We stood up, walked over to the door and opened it to see Blake with his hand up ready to knock on the door. (It was a movie moment for sure.)

I smirked at him. "Need something?" I said in my most innocent voice.

"WE need your decision." The words came out cold with a blank face. It surprised me. He was so friendly earlier today now he was talking to me as if I hadn't saved him from the impending doom 'they' would have brought on him. Two faced little asshole.

I looked in his head to see why he was being such a little BITCH. He was scared. What? Scared of what. I looked deeper. I was his first friend in a long time... geez... that's just sad.

"Fine Mr serious. Our decision is that we'll stay on one condition. Henry won't start training till he's 10." I crossed my arm to show I could be just as serious as he was.

He looked at his dad who was standing right behind him. Papa G nodded.

He turned back to me still with a serious face. Barely making eye contact. "Welcome to I.L.A Hailey. International League of Assassins. It's-"

"Woah woah woah... International League of Assassins? Do you realize how dumb that sounds?" I held back my laughter.

He widened his eyes, he smiled and turned to face his dad. "You don't say." Everyone started laughing. He turned back to me and I gave him a confused look.

"Everyone has been saying for literally years that the name is so dumb and you're the first newbie that's said it." He whispered over to me.

"Did you just call me a newbie?" I turned an amused face to him.

"Yup." He popped the P. "And I will continue to until your first successful mission." He smiled.

He considered me a friend and he was ok so I guess I'll be nice since he was so lonely.

"When is that gonna be-"

Before I knew what was happening I was in the air with a bunch of hands lifting me up. I looked over and the same thing was happening to Hunter and Hazel. Everyone was cheering and we were moving over the crowd. Someone tossed me up and over to someone else. I screamed so loud New Jersey could have heard me. Caught and thrown, caught and thrown, over and over.

I felt like a football. It wasn't a fun feeling.

When they finally put me down I was shaking. People were patting me on the back, clapping and cheering all over.

This was going to be fun wasn't it.

(That was sarcasm if you didn't get that😅)

                                                 —————————————————————————

A/n: sorry this took a while I've been in school so yeah. Hope you're enjoying it😁