[ 001 ] reformed bodyguard

━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━

━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━

      "I SERIOUSLY cannot believe you managed to convince me to come back here," Araminta grumbled as Anakin landed the ship on Coruscant. She shifted in her seat, crossing her arms over her chest. Anakin looked over his shoulder from the pilot seat, sending her a puzzled look. "Forgive me for not wanting to see Windu again," Araminta added, not bothering to hide her distaste for the Jedi master in her tone. She'd only seen him once in the five months she'd been with Anakin and Obi-Wan, but her decision of not liking him still stood strong.

Considerable time had passed since the young assassin had been beaten and then turned into a reformed bodyguard– though turned was hardly the right word in her opinion. It was no secret that, even after months of time spent together, Araminta held no compassion towards the man she protected, and his padawan who never left his side. She was no hero, no volunteer, she had done this to survive. And, so far, it'd been paying off.

"Yeah, well, I don't think he wants to see you either," Anakin shrugged, standing up and strolling past Araminta, though she didn't miss the edge to his voice. The Adanei girl just smirked.

"Are you two okay?" Obi-Wan asked, coming to stand beside Araminta's seat. Araminta almost rolled her eyes. She'd become used to Obi-Wan monitoring her and Anakin, as the two often clashed over useless, trivial conflicts.

"Why wouldn't we be, master?" Anakin said, quickly, but the energy was still present and Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow.

"Skywalker's just pissed cause he woke me up too early this morning," Araminta said, slyly, looking at the man she'd attempted to kill not too long ago. The Jedi furrowed his brows at her, and she shrugged.

"You held a knife to my throat!" Anakin exclaimed from the back of the ship where he was pulling on his overcoat.

"You should know better. It was one of the first warnings I gave at the beginning," Araminta defended herself, her voice calm and cool. She got up out of her seat, reaching for the knives she'd set aside for the flight.

"First warnings," Anakin sneered.

"Yeah," Araminta snipped. "Don't surprise me because I have over a decade of training automatically set to kill."

"Yeah, I remember," Anakin said, disgruntled, a white scar visible on his throat as he swallowed. Araminta always tried to avoid looking at it, for it was damage she had caused, a reminder of what she hadn't been able to do and what had landed her in the situation she was stuck in.

"Good," Araminta responded, turning away.

"Who sleeps with a knife under their pillow anyway?" Anakin muttered under his breath.

"Who sleeps with a lightsaber on their waist?" Araminta fired back, easily hearing the insult, as always with Anakin's frustrated mutterings. The boy whipped around to face her, eyes glinting, while she merely gave him an innocent look.