[ 024 ] children of the sun

━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━

━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━

      THE WAR efforts surrounding Felucia were not finished, even with their detour to hunt down Bane and foil his plans, which were still swirling around the temple and setting people on edge. Araminta had regained her hearing a full week after he had pinned her in the airlock, finally able to lock onto the sounds that made her feel so safe and prepared.

Felucia was in a key position in the galaxy, especially for the war. For that reason, the Separatists had not left it alone despite their efforts. Even after the Bane incident, multiple battalions and Jedi Generals had been required to clear out the ground forces of droids, and even then the future of the tropical planet was unclear.

A medical station had been set up in Felucia's orbit once the Separatists were cleared, one of many throughout the galaxy set up for those in need, but it had stopped responding. Araminta didn't have high hopes as she got into a shuttle with Obi-wan, Anakin and Ahsoka with the mission of investigating it.

Her gauntlets had been repaired, weighing down her limbs as they pulled out of hyperspace and she shifted in her seat to see the planet around Anakin's chair. "That's Felucia, dead ahead," he spoke up.

Araminta bit back the urge to remark 'what else would it be?' or something of that effect. Instead, scanning the view of the planet as they slowly approached. For once, it seemed, Anakin was being cautious.

"I don't see anything on my scanners," Ahsoka murmured, wide eyes flicking from the view ahead and the projections on the console. "Wait, there's something."

"I see it," Araminta spoke up, the small, black dot orbiting the planet making itself known as they got closer.

"Anakin," Obi-wan chastised. "Be–"

They must have triggered the proximity sensors, as suddenly the small, unfamiliar station split open and deployed six vulture droids.

"Hang on," Anakin snapped. He tilted the ship dramatically, slamming on the accelerator as the engine roared to swerve the incoming attack.

"I guess we know what happened to the medical station," Obi-wan thought aloud as they moved closer to the planet.

The vulture droids arced back towards them, coming from above and giving chase. Anakin's eyebrows were pinched in concentration, hands tight on the controls. They were soaring close to the surface of Felucia now, burning up in the atmosphere, the overhead alarm blaring.

"That's not good," Obi-wan remarked as Anakin failed to get them stable.

"No shit," Araminta hissed.

"They took out the plasma conduit," Ahsoka declared as they sped over the expanse of jungles, heading straight for the surface now. Araminta's eyes widened at the fast-approaching rocky mountain range, stone peaking glaring at her through the cockpit window.