Prologue

Tejo woke up and looked around to see her parents crying at her bedside. Abhiraaj and Navraj were also on the side, there were dried tear marks on their face. Her uncle, aunt, and grandmother were sitting in the corner looking sad.

What happened? Why are they crying?

Suddenly everything hit her like a truck of what she did. She had tried to commit suicide. She had jumped into the river.

How stupid was she?

She shouldn't have done something like that but she was way too devastated to think properly. The divorce, then Papa Ji coming and asking her to get married again, Jass was still out there, thinking about how people are going to badmouth her and her family. She didn't want people doing that and she thought that if she end it all together then she wouldn't be a burden on her family.

"Tejo putthar," Her father who noticed that she was conscious immediately came to her side and hugged her tight, "What stupid thing were you going to do? Just because of a man who doesn't deserve your love..."

"I never loved Fateh Papa, you and I both know the truth," Tejo said looking at her father with conviction, yes, her father understood it, he knew better than anyone that she might never be able to love anyone after... "I wanted to move on with him and maybe I would have loved him with time, I loved the idea of loving him but I never loved him, I wanted to love him but I couldn't and now I am glad for it, he was my best friend and I trusted him but he used me and betrayed that trust in the worst possible way."

"Yes beta but then why did you try to take your life like this? If something happened to you then?" Her mother said, she was still crying and had not come to her as she was way too devastated seeing her daughter in this state.

"Because I was tired mummy, I am tired going through all these betrayals and pain, first Jass who seemed like a good person but then turned out to be a fraud, then Fateh who seemed to be God's best gift then turned out to be worse than Devil and let's not forget my own sister who destroyed my life. I was tired of going through all these and now Papa ji wants me to get married again, it's not only him but many people will start talking about how my two marriages got broken and they will only look for my faults because that's how our society works. I could go through all this, I could answer them back or keep quiet and ignore them but I am tired Mummy, I can't go through all that what they are going to throw at me. You will also get their taunts and you will get in to fight for me and I don't want that to happen, I don't want to be a burden on you. I was devastated thinking all that and I wasn't thinking straight." Tejo said truthfully, she didn't want to lie to them. She was honestly very tired; she was tired of fighting with the world alone.

Her family looked at her in sadness, whatever she said was true, she had gone through all that and they were the reason for it. First, they got her married to Jass for Jasmine's selfish Canada dream, and then they got her married to Fateh for their family's reputation, they had failed her.

Rupy decided to not listen to Khushbeer Singh Virk anymore, he was not going to get Tejo married, she should marry of her own free will and not for their happiness, he was her father and not Khushbeer.

Unknown to them another person had heard everything that Tejo had said and was heartbroken hearing what all she went through.

Angad never thought he would see Tejo Ji jumping into the river when he was driving at night, but he did. He thanked whatever God there was that he knew swimming because if not then Tejo Ji would be dead today.

He liked Tejo Ji, not in a loving way but as a friend. She had tolerated him and his antics patiently and he had seen her be strong in front of her cheater husband and selfish sister. He had liked that she was strong and was leaving her husband, unlike women who would clunk to the belief that they can change their husband and then have a happily ever after, it was unrealistic.