7. | 𝙁𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙂𝙪𝙞𝙡𝙩𝙮

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌

LUCIUS MALFOY POV:

𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟽

*FLASHBACK*

As I sat at the dining table with the three boys, waiting for Narcissa and the girls to come down, I saw Narcissa come down the staircase from Lyra's room, without the girls following from behind her. Her cheeks were stained with dried tears.

"Narcissa" I breathed. She motioned for me to follow her, and I stood from my chair and followed her to my study. Once we walked in the room, she locked the door and placed a silencing spell on the door.

"Is everything okay my love?" I asked, genuinely concerned about my wife. She shook her head, as a few tears rolled down her cheeks, landing on the corners of her lips. She wiped them away with the back of her hand and walked up to me and placed her face on my shoulder as I wrapped my arms around her waist in a comforting way, rubbing circles on her back.

"She's cutting herself. She's done it multiple times, and on purpose" She sobbed as she leaned into my chest.

"What are you talking about? Who's cutting?" I questioned, pulling out from her embrace, to get a better look at her and cupped her face with my hands.

"Lyra" she replied. I felt my heart drop and skip a few beats. "She was talking to Cassie about it, and she was saying how she feels like she's failing us. My little girl is falling apart, Lucius" she sobbed. "She's been falling apart for months, and I didn't even notice. She's been hurting herself for 2 months! And I didn't even know! I'm such a bad mother!" She exclaimed sobbing into my shoulders. When she said those words, I felt my heart break. I felt so guilty that my daughter had been going through pain, and no one had been helping her.

"Hey, look at me" he said as he lifted her face with his hands. "You're not a bad mother. We couldn't have known she was cutting herself. Maybe we could've noticed that she was falling apart, but other than that we couldn't have known anything" he said trying to comfort her.

"She doesn't even want us to know about it! What do we do?" She asked. I had no idea. My heart felt like it had been throbbing for the past minute. I had no idea what to do.

"I don't know my love" I honestly replied. "Come" I said as I held her hand and led her to the sofa where I went and sat down and pulled her on my lap so she could stay close to me as she cried over her daughter. Her legs were wrapped around my waist as her arms wrapped themselves around my neck tightly. "What do you suggest we do?" I asked looking down at her. She shrugged into my chest.

"How about we just pretend we don't know anything, and if she tells us, then she tells us. I promise we can talk about it more after the ball tonight, hm? How does that sound?" I asked. She nodded slightly; her face still buried in my chest, sobbing silently. "My love, you shouldn't feel guilty" I sighed. "I know you feel responsible, but I understand how Lyra is feeling right now. She wants to keep her emotions bottled up in front of everyone else and only let them out when she's alone. I've been in her position before. I know how it feels, and I hate that she's going through it. I'll talk to her about it later, but for now, let's have a good Christmas. Okay?" she nodded her head as she wiped her tears. She composed herself once more, and I gave her a reassuring hug before we left the study.

"She's going to be alright Narcissa. Now that we know, we can help her. She just needs to feel comfortable enough to ask for our help" I whispered in her ear.

"I know. I just don't want her to be going through this at all" she sighed. I nodded my head understandingly as I kissed her lips passionately and we walked out back to the dining room where we saw the two girls looking at each other nervously.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Word Count: 708

So this was a pretty short chapter, but I thought that you guys might've wanted to know how Lucius and Narcissa took it. I was contemplating on whether or not I should put this flashback in the Christmas Ball chapter, but then I thought that it needed it's own spotlight, because I have a lot of stuff planned for the next chapter. I'll post it as soon as it's done and edited. Thanks for 115 reads by the way! I didn't think this would get many reads, thank you so much!! Please comment on any feedback you have or any ideas as well!