Chapter 2 The Scar

A few days have passed since the incident with the laser gun kid. The pain was still there, but he was taking enough precautions with it to go unnoticed by his roommates. He knew that he should have told them by now, but for some reason, he couldn't bring himself to do so. A part of him wished that he was hit in the arm or something instead of his hip. It'd be a lot easier to tend to it instead of having to bend a certain way just for the bandaging. After a while, he stopped trying to bandage it and just applied various ointments to it to mask the pain. It seemed to have worked, kinda, but even then he had to watch how he moved around. Getting up, sitting down, etc. Jon didn't want to reopen the small gash that was in the center of the burn. He'd find it bleeding every once in a while, but it was manageable at least. When the morning came, the sun peeked through the window. The light hit his face with a warm glow, causing the man to groan. Jon had his back towards the sun not wanting to get up right away.

"Go away sun..." He groaned, putting the pillow against his face to shield himself from the light.

After a while of lying there in bed, Jon became thirsty. Leaving him no choice but to give up and face the morning head-on. He slowly sat up from the bed and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. Not like that; he had to get up, but his body needed sustenance at some point. Usually, he had no problem being an early riser. These last few days, however, made him dread waking up to the pain his hip brought him. It was already hard to sleep with it, but waking up with it didn't make him feel any better either. He then got up and pulled out a gray t-shirt and jeans from his dresser drawers. He didn't have his button-up at the moment since it was in the washer, so he made do with what he had. When Jon was changed, he made his way out of his bedroom and towards the kitchen. There Mark was seen sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee sitting there and reading the newspaper. Jon walked past where the other man sat and headed for the fridge. 

"Morning Mark!" Jon hummed.

"Morning Jon, nice to know that you're awake."

Jon chuckled at the light jab at him and opened the fridge. He looked inside there for a moment. Seeing the options for drinks from Eduardo's diet coke, milk, orange juice, etc. He decided to settle for a bottle of water. He knelt slightly and reached his hand inside. For some reason, the water was shoved to the back of the fridge and not in the drawers. As frustrating as it was, it would take forever to reorganize the fridge. 

"I can make you come coffee if you want," Mark offered as he looked up from the paper with a raised brow.

"Well uh...I mean I wouldn't mind having some. If you don't mind making me some then sure."

Mark nods his head before getting up from the table and making his way over to the kitchen counter. As Jon manages to snag a bottle of water, Mark snuck a side glace at Jon. For a couple of days now, he's been strangely off about something. He and Eduardo have been speculating about what it could be for two days now, yet neither one of them spoke up about what it could have been. When Mark decided to look at him, he stopped in his tracks and looked at his friend with wide eyes. Jon's shirt was rolled up slightly when he was down there, and he saw a small glimpse at the nasty burn on Jon's side. Just a small glimpse of it was enough to put the pieces together. Jon was hurt badly. As Mark stared at him with a shocked expression, Jon got up with the water bottle in his hand and closed the fridge with the other. Finding himself adjusting his shirt as he looked back at Mark.

"Did..." Mark trailed off trying to find the right words to say, "Did something happen Jon?" 

"Hm?" Jon hummed with a confused head tilt, "What do you mean?" 

"Your waist- or hip, are you hurt?" 

Hearing the commotion, Eduardo peered into the kitchen. Before this, he was lounging in the living room and minding his own business for once. The man sensed the tension in the air between the other two and butted in. Catching the attention of the other two when he spoke.