Chapter 4 Safety

After today's activities, Jon decided to go to bed, after Mark helped him change the bled-though bandages into new ones. As soon as they were done he went to bed. The other two parted ways into their own rooms, not to rest just to do their own thing. Around an hour or two passed and Eduardo was asleep. Well not for long, because he woke up to Jon screaming. Mark got up in a hurry being the first to his door. Eduardo was the second to be there. Mark didn't hesitate to break down the door (Just opening it the best way). There Jon was twisting and turning in his sleep. Suddenly he sat up in his bed, the fear in his eyes struck the two by storm.

"NO!"

Jon was panting for air like he almost got strangled to death, he held onto his aching head only looking down at his other hand.

"Jon we heard you screaming, are you alright?!"

"Seriously what got you looking like you've seen a fucking ghost?" Eduardo commented.

"G-guys- I- I-" 

Before Jon could explain himself. he started to curl up in a ball and cry. Eduardo panicked rushing out of the room to get a washcloth. When he was younger his mother would get a washcloth and ring it in with hot or warm water. When she squeezed the water out of it she would return to Eduardo's childhood bedroom and hand it to him to put on his head. Then she would just try her best to ease his mind since most of his nightmares were from losing to a horrid degree. So naturally, he also did a washcloth like so and returned soon after. Handing it to Mark since he was holding Jon in his arms. 

"I'm scared..." 

"I know, I know, of what exactly."

"I-I don't wanna die, h-he.."

"Shh, don't worry, you're safe Jon. Nothing's going to kill you."

"B-but."

"But nothing, come on Mark. Let's go find a movie, I'll get some hot chocolate goin'." Eduardo offered.

Jon's small eyes were now reddened and puffy from all the crying. Mark was able to pick him up with ease as they descended down the stairs. Eduardo went to the kitchen and started to make some hot chocolate for the three of them. Knowing that Jon would like extra marshmallows with his. Mark dropped Jon off onto the couch, he was holding a pillow close to him as he tried to shake the dream out of his weary mind. Mark then went to the closet and grabbed a throw blanket and handed it to Jon. With the remote Mark changed it to a popular drama island series. He didn't know why but he'd always catch Jon watching it with him when it's on. Eduardo came back with a tray of hot chocolate and water.

"Here- Mark why is this on the tv?"

"Because Jon wanted to see what would happen to Venessa and Brad's relationship so I allowed it."

"Tch, whatever. Ya feelin' better Jon?" 

Jon nodded in response watching the show with temptation in his eyes. As an hour goes by it didn't take long before Mark realized that he was the only one awake. When Jon fell asleep Eduardo went back to his room to rest. Mark made sure Jon was covered up properly before turning off the television, then leaving to his own room so he can recover some sleep for himself. He was glad that Jon was alright now, seeing that things around here can finally go back to normal for once. Well, at least for a little while longer. Mark had a thought in the back of his mind knowing that Jon's time was running out, I all mattered about when it was all going to happen. Knowing that Jon's life won't be out for much longer, hanging it on and around that lifetime, more likely his lifetime. When will someone cut the infamous cord that severed him from this life to the next? That is was hung over his head for months now. He's never going to tell Eduardo about his predictions though they hold much power inside of his mind. It wasn't much of a power, more like a mere thought that sticks to his worst nightmares. Something that he'll never forget when a certain incident happens that will strike Jon's life over with.