Chapter 3 Wrong Way

The morning goes off like a flash of light. It felt like minutes ago he was struggling to get out of Eduardo's arms. Jon being as weak as a child made him more vulnerable. On the bright side with the wound bandaged he was more at ease. They were bored, with nothing to do. The three of them were on the couch not doing much.

"I need to get some stuff at the mall. Wanna come you two?" Eduardo asks.

"Sure," Mark and Jon said in unison.

"Great, Jon I think your button-up is in the dryer if you need it."

"Thanks."

Jon went into the laundry room and found the basket it was in. He had to dig in it and pull it out. Jon smelled it to make sure if it was actually washed. It was thankfully, he put it on and then he met the other two who were already there.

"You ready?"

Jon nodded, they went to the car, and Eduardo was the one driving this time. A few minutes go by and they made it to the mall. They get out of the car and Jon followed behind the two as they entered the place. It was crowded. Very crowded. The other two walked ahead thinking that Jon was still following them. On the other hand, Jon was looking at clothes and other things that came to his interest.

"Hey, Mark don't you think that- Mark?" 

Jon soon realized that he was left alone. He was starting to panic trying to figure out where they were. He started to go into different sections blindly, wanting to be back with them. He didn't like to be left behind like this. So naturally, he sat down at one of the benches, waiting for them to find him. It was near an indoor water fountain made out of solid concrete. It just so happened to be the one where people throw coins into. He looked down at the coins below, they glittered in the glistening light above them, no matter how old or new they were they still shined. He didn't really believe that the wish-making part was true but it seemed fun. He smiled as he found a coin on the ground just right next to his left foot. Naturally, Jon picked it up and took a closer look at it. It was a newer one, it sure looked pretty though. Jon took one last look at it before flicking it into the water, the gentle splash was all the satisfaction needed. He only wished for one thing, to be found by his friends.

With Eduardo and Mark, they were looking for their things. Eduardo thought Jon was right behind him when he said,

"Hey Jon, can you get me some of those nails? Jon? Mark! Have you seen Jon?"

"I thought you were watching him," 

"No, I thought you were watching him!"

"Well guess what, I wasn't because I was looking for the deodorant that I always get. He might be lost in the crowd by now." 

"Great, just great. Let's just pay for our things and go find him." 

"Sound's like a fair deal to me." 

They got their things and paid for the items in a rush. They grabbed their stuff which only fit in one bag. 

"Alight, if I were Jon where would I be?" 

"Maybe where all the animals are, he seems really fond of them." 

"No, they closed before we came here since they had to give each of them a check-up or something like that," Eduardo responded.

"How about the fountain?"

"I guess it wouldn't help to check there." 

The two stayed silent as they made their way through the crowd. Before they knew it they saw him, looking at the water below jaded as ever. 

"Jon there you are!" Mark said going up to him.

"Guys! It's good to see you again!"

"Where you here the whole time?" Eduardo questioned.

"Yeah, I was waiting for you guys to find me. I couldn't find you anywhere so I just decided to wait on you guys to finish your shopping." 

"Heh, we're just glad you're okay,"  Mark said in relief.

"If I'm being honest, I'm just glad that you two came back for me."

"Of course we did, we couldn't just leave you like that. You're our friend after all." 

"You think of me as your friend?" 

"Yeah, of course, we are!" 

"Eduardo?" 

Eduardo didn't say anything, he just glared at Jon and nodded with a smirk across his face.

"Come on, idiot lets get some icecream and go home." 

Jon smiled back and whipped his future tears away and followed the two to the icecream stand getting what they wanted. Eduwardo started to speak, his pride getting the best of him once more.