SIX. i'll stay

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Occupying the Rose Room were Tara, John, and Luke. The trio filled the room with the sound of music as they began playing Day After Day, a song the three wrote.

"I remember you today way back when we used to say," Luke began singing, he and John playing their acoustic guitars while Tara sat on her cajón, hitting the front of it.

"'Let's go make-believe deep inthefield'," the trio chorused.

"Cattle grass andhorses' hay blowin' in the wind allday," Tara sang the next line.

"Growin' up just seemed so far away, but in my heart, there is my home. Day after day, so young, headstrong, daylight would last so long. Did you see what I believed back then?" Tara, Luke, and John harmonized, the three friends sharing smiles. It always was a joy for Tara to sing with John and Luke. She'd been doing it since the three were seven years old and she hadn't grown tired of it since. "Day after day, small homes, tall trees, cold creek against our feet, and I see how much you've grown since then. Day after day, we'll always be one and the same, just you and me."

"Day after day," Luke echoed.

"What we had will always be deep inside of you and me," John continued into the second verse.

"We can be the roots that hold the tree," the trio chorused.

"Dreaming between now and then, yesterday was all pretend."

"Wonder if the future holds the key, but in my heart, there is my home. Day after day, so young, headstrong, daylight would last so long. Did you see what I believed back then? Day after day, small homes, tall trees, cold creek against our feet, and I see how much you've grown since then. Day after day we'll always be, one and the same just you and me."

"Day after day," Luke echoed the last line.

As the three friends played the last notes on their respective instruments, a round of light chuckles was shared around the room.

. . .

Tara loved her stepsister, but sometimes, it bewildered her by how well they got along because they were complete opposites. While Stella had confidence running through her veins, Tara didn't have the highest self-esteem. And while Tara paid mind to people's feelings, Stella would speak her mind even if it hurts people's feelings.

As the two siblings sat at a table in Java Junction, another parallel between the two could be seen. Tara had been going through her History homework while Stella had been trying to write a song. The problem was, Stella had been stuck in a writer's block phase since last night when she started the song. When Tara experienced writer's block, she'd take time to relax, recharge, brainstorm other song ideas, and then come back to the song she was struggling with later.