𝑵𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒕𝒐 𝑲𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒆𝒅𝒂- 𝑯𝒐𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒍 𝑽𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒕 (𝑭𝒍𝒖𝒇𝒇)

A/N- This was a random idea I got earlier, and I like how it turned out. I think it's a cute idea.

Content warnings-illness, mentions of death, hospitals

            Nagito pulled his coat on, preparing to leave the hospital. Although he was finally leaving after being admitted for his illnesses, he felt gloomy. He actually didn't mind being in the hospital. He didn't have much going for him at home, and after his parent's death, he was left only with his maids and butlers. He sensed none of them liked him much, just as the other kids did. They thought he was weird. They didn't understand him, and he didn't fit in because of it.  Like a broken key in a lock, he was constantly rejected. 

He got used to it. 

The illness, the loneliness, became the normal after a while.

He sat in one of the chairs in the sad, desolate waiting room. He had always detested it. The lights were too bright and buzzed loudly, it was always silent, excluding the occasional phone call with a family member, and sad. It always felt horribly depressed in there, and he could remember many times he'd seen sad families, huddled together for some comfort. 

Letting out a low sigh, he looked at his feet. All he was waiting for now was Natalia, one of his maids (Whom he was particularly fond of), to pick him up. As he sat, wallowing in his misery, someone entered the room. They immediately caught his eye, due to their icy, sleek aura. They surveyed the room with their eyes for a moment, before making a move and taking up the chair across from them. The discomfort of the chair seemed to be latent, as if they were used to the hard plastic. 

They sighed, before sitting back and meeting Nagito's eyes. 

"What are you looking at?"

"S-sorry..." He muttered, feeling a daunting pit in his stomach as if he was a burden.

Letting out a low sigh, they turned their head to the side, looking out the window. 

"I'm Y/n L/n. I'm here visiting my grandmother. You?"

Nagito looked up. He couldn't remember the last time someone his age had introduced themselves to him, all of their own free will.

"Um, I'm Nagito Komaeda. I just finished some treatment."

"You leaving today?"

"Yeah."

Y/n nodded, satisfied. 

"Figured that much, based on the fact that you've got your bags."

They fell into momentary silence, and Nagito felt uncomfortable. He felt as if his very presence burdened Y/n, as if they had to put up with him. It was an almost guilty emotion, in a way.

"Your parents picking you up?" They turned back to him.

"My maid is. My parents are dead."

"Oh!" They seemed uncomfortable. "I'm so sorry! That's awful!"

Their cold attitude faded for a moment, and Nagito realized that he had said something horribly awkward, and that it was probably the wrong thing to say. 

"N-no! Wait! Y-you don't have to feel bad! I'm so sorry! God, why did I say that?" He mumbled the last part.

Y/n's face softened. "You're an interesting person, Komaeda."

"I am?" His head tilted in surprise, as they pulled out a pen and paper, scribbling something down on it and giving him the paper.

"That's my number. You should call me."

"You actually-you actually want to talk to me?"

"Yeah, sure." 

At that moment, the exit door opened, and Natalia walked in, her messy red hair calling attention to her instantly. 

"Ready to go, Komaeda?"

He looked at Y/n, before nodding.

"I'll text you."

"See you around.

"You too."