Chapter 14 - A Secret

VEGAS POV

My relationship with Pete is far from improving. Pete even started ignoring me when his hours were over.

I know he's still mad at me. His expression on me couldn't lie. His eyes indicate that he really wants to kill me even though he always has a straight face every time he sees me.

Today, I went to campus alone because Pete left early to take his semester exams. Actually, I didn't intend to go to campus because I had some business at the company that I had to do immediately, but today's group presentation forced me to go to campus.

"Win, are you still mad about what happened that night? Do you like Pete? Why are you being so sensitive about it?"

I stopped when I heard Pete's name mentioned in Ram and Win's conversation. Curiosity made me refrain from entering and hiding to hear their conversation.

"Bastard. You don't feel guilty about what you did that night?" snapped Win.

"Hey. I just kissed him. Nothing more."

"But you almost raped Pete that night. If I hadn't come, you might have managed to strip Pete."

"But that didn't happen, did it?"

Win just turned around to beat Ram, but he lost quickly with my fist that had already flown into Ram's face. My punches managed to make Ram stagger and hit the chair behind him.

"Vegas. What are you doing!" Ram tries to stand up but I throw another second punch to his face. This time I didn't give Ram a break to fight back because I showered him with punches so hard that he fell on the floor.

None of the people in the room dared to intervene, nor did Win. He was still standing in the same place and fiddling with his cell phone.

∞ ∞ ∞

PETE POV

"Timm. Come on. Why did you stop?" I stopped my footsteps when Tim suddenly stopped.

"What is he here for?" he muttered as he looked straight at a point. I followed Tim's gaze.

Mark and Tay seemed to be busy chatting and several times Mark was seen smiling. Mark smiled? Truly a wonder of the world. Robot humans like Mark can also smile.

Instantly, I thought of Tim. I turned my gaze to him. Sure enough. Timm looked at the scene with a gloomy face.

He must have thought the same as me if Mark who was alone with Tay turned into a more cheerful Mark. The difference is I was amazed by it while Tim was jealous.

"I guess I'll just have lunch at home. I'm not that hungry."

I quickly grabbed Tim's hand as he turned to leave the cafeteria.

"I think you should stay there. If you're like this you're just admitting defeat." I forcefully pulled Tim over to the table where Mark and Tay were.

"Hey Pete." said Tay when Tim and I got to the table. Mark turned to look at me and Tim.

"Are you done with class?" Mark asked more aimed at Tim.

Tim nodded.

"Come sit here." Mark pulled Tim to sit beside him. "Tay, this is Tim and that..."

"Pete." snapped Tay as Mark pointed at me.

"Ah yes. You must know him because he is close to Win." Mark said that sounded like he was teasing me.

"How do you know?" I asked.

Mark took out his cell phone and showed him the same photo Tim had shown the other day. "It seems the whole campus already knows."