Special Chapter - "3 Years Together"

VEGAS POV

I noticed Pete's behavior, who had been pacing around while busy fiddling with his cell phone, without any intention of stopping him.

"Pete, hey. Can you just sit down? My eyes hurt to see you pacing back and forth." said Tim, who was trying to stop Pete.

"Just leave it! He will not stop by himself, if he has found the answer." I said.

"What exactly is he doing?" asked Tim curiously.

"He's trying to reach Aunt Pai to ask how Mek and Mook are doing." I grabbed a beer and took a sip. "Aunt Pai definitely didn't answer his calls, that's why his was pacing like that." I continued.

"Hey, we're on vacation! Can't he just relax for a while?" Tim asked again.

I shook my head. "I'm used to this situation. Even when I asked him to come with me when I was out of town on duty, he only wanted to come with me if Mek and Mook came too." I explained while laughing.

"You are very lucky to have Pete who loves your children sincerely." said Mark.

"Yes, I am very lucky." I say.

"Damn! Why can't Aunt Pai be contacted!" Pete came over to us and sat down with a face that said he was really pissed off right now.

"Hey, take it easy! Your children will be fine." Tim said.

"Vegas, try calling Aunt Pai!" Pete ignored Tim's words but looked at me.

"Didn't you already call her but she didn't pick up?" I asked again.

"It's possible that if you had called, Aunt Pai would have answered."

"Believe me, Aunt Pai is more afraid of you than me. She would rather ignore my calls than not answer yours."

"Why are you so relaxed? Aren't you worried about Mek and Mook? Don't you care if they have eaten or not? Don't you care if they drink milk before bed or not?" Pete started to raise his voice because he was annoyed to see me responding so casually.

"Relax Pete. Your children won't die just because you don't call them." Tim said.

"Shut up! You won't understand how I feel because you didn't take care of a child." said Pete. His voice sounded very annoyed. Maybe he was annoyed with what Tim just said or maybe he was annoyed with my attitude.

Pete suddenly got up from his seat without saying goodbye.

"Hey, where are you going, honey?" I called him.

"Sleep! I'm tired!" he answered, not looking at me.

Tim looked at each other with Mark and then shook his head, surprised by Pete's behavior. While I just laughed.

∞ ∞ ∞

Around midnight, having finished chatting with Tim and Mark, I returned to my room to rest. Pete was already in the room. I crawled up onto the bed and wrapped my arms around Pete's waist and hugged him from behind.

"Stay away from me, Vegas! it's hot!" Pete said, brushing my arm around his waist.

"You're awake?" I was quite surprised that Pete had not slept even though he had been back in our room for almost three hours.

Pete turned around to face me.

"I can't sleep."

I saw the sad look on his face. Was he so sad that he couldn't call Aunt Pai to hear about Mek and Mook?

I gently caressed his cheek. "Don't worry too much. Mek and Mook are fine. Aunt Pai must have taken good care of them." I said, trying to comfort him.

"But, I won't be able to calm down if I don't confirm that they're okay." He said sadly.