Chapter 20 - Losing You

PETE POV

I woke up from sleep at eleven o'clock in the afternoon, today is my day off, so I purposely woke up earlier after the last few days I couldn't sleep because I was constantly thinking about Vegas.

Ah yes, Vegas, how is he? It's been a week and he hasn't returned to Bangkok yet. I also don't know for sure when he will return, because Vegas has never contacted me until now and even Macau doesn't know when they will return.

I came out of the room after taking a shower. It's twelve o'clock in the afternoon, Aunt Arm should have prepared lunch for the guards.

I skipped breakfast which made my stomach very hungry and the image of Aunt Arm's cooking menu was already dancing in my head.

"You just woke up?" asked Aunt Arm as she saw me enter her kitchen.

I nodded. "Today is my day off so I sleep until noon. Hehehe." I replied with a small laugh.

Aunt Arm shook her head. "You didn't have breakfast, did you?"

I nodded.

"No breakfast isn't good for your health Pete." said Aunt Arm. Aunt Arm is always concerned with all the guards here. She was like the mother of the guards.

I just smiled a little. "So, what's on the menu this afternoon, aunt? I'm already very hungry. My stomach must be filled immediately." I said spoiledly to Aunt Arm while rubbing my stomach.

"Wait a minute, auntie hasn't served food for the guards yet. I'm still preparing food for Mr. Vegas."

"Mr. Vegas? Has Mr. Vegas gone home, sir?" I asked curious and surprised.

"Yes. It was the middle of the night. You were already asleep."

Damn it! Why did I sleep early last night!

"Hey, where are you going Pete?" shouted Aunt Arm when she saw me running out of the kitchen without saying goodbye to her.

"Meeting Mr. Vegas." I replied with a happy smile.

"Aren't you going to eat?"

"Later. I'm not getting hungry."

I rushed to the Vegas room on the second floor. I had mixed feelings, between being happy that Vegas was back, annoyed that he hadn't told me, and also feeling a great sense of longing.

You'll see, I'll nag him for not telling me.

Uh, what should I do first? Hugging him to let go of my longing or nagging him for not calling me at all?

Ah, just thinking about it makes me happy. I jumped up and down with joy as I climbed the stairs like a child who had just gotten a new toy.

I opened the Vegas bedroom door without knocking.

"You're home...." I instantly froze on the spot. Turns out Vegas wasn't alone in her room. Several bodyguards were gathered there including Boun and Mork.

"I'm sorry..." I said awkwardly because all eyes in the room were looking at me including Vegas who was sitting behind his desk looking at me for a few seconds before returning to focus on the guards.

"I think that's all. You understand, don't you?" Vegas asked the guards.

"Understood sir." The guards answered in unison.

"You can leave now." Vegas orders.

The guards started scattering out after Vegas ordered.

"You're not out?" whispered Boun who stopped beside me.