Chapter 32

The time is 7:25 and I'm freaking out.
Although everything is taken care of, I'm still nervous.

I had also hired 2 waiters to take care of the food during dinner and I was going to bring them the adoption papers when dessert came.

I had prepared everything and now I'm just waiting for the food and music to show up.

Right on time, the band showed up and started setting up their things.

At exactly 7:45, the food also arrived and I took it inside the pool house where everything was set up.
The pool house was a few meters away from the table, so it was perfect.

I had prepared a romantic table with fairy lights and candles at the edge of the lake where they had their first real kissed after they had already hooked up with one another and the music was to the side.

I was incredibly nervous and Wanda sensed it.

W: Relax baby. Breathe......  Everything's going to work out perfectly. At the end of the day, they love you and each other. Everything will fall into place.
Me: Thank you my love. I don't know what I would do without you.
W: Probably end up in a psychiatric facility.
Me: Heyyy!! (I faked offended)
W: I'm just kidding, I love you dumb dumb.

I pouted and didn't say it back while avoiding eye contact and crossing my arms.

Wanda came over and wrapped her arms around my waist while smirking.
W: Are you mad at me baby?
Me:..........
W: My love........
Me:........ (I was still avoiding eye contact)
W: My little cuddlebug.......

As soon as she said that, I looked at her and started smiling.
W: I knew that would work!! (She started laughing)
Me: You're mean.....
W: And you love me.
Me: Unfortunately, I do.
W: Unfortunately?
Me: Mhmm....
W: Then, I guess we can stop whatever we're doing and go back to being friends.

This time, it was her turn to be fake offended.
She let go of my waist and was about to walk away when I grabbed her and pulled her close to me, pressing her body against mine.

Me: Yeah..... That's not happening. I love you and you love me. You're stuck with me magic hands. We're going to be with each other for the rest of our lives.
W: It's too late to back out of this relationship, isn't it?
Me: Yup. I already have a promise ring.
W: Damn. I guess I shouldn't have taken you to a breakfast picnic in the clouds when you hated me.
Me: Lucky for me you did and you captured my heart with it. I was hooked from that day onwards.
W: I love you baby.
Me: I love you too.
W: I love you more.

After 2 minutes, my moms pulled up and Wanda headed inside to let me spend these moments with my parents.

I went out and greeted them.
Me: Good evening Agent Hill, Agent Romanoff. We have reserved our finest table for you lovely ladies tonight. If you would be so kind to follow me to the designated area, so that we can get you seated.
M: Of course ma'am. Appreciate it. Just make sure our daughter doesn't disturb us.
Me: Will do.
N: I honestly have 2 kids in my life that I need to take care of.
M: *gasps* How Rude.....
Me: I know......

Mom just rolled her eyes at us with a smile on her face.

I took them to their table...... Well, the only table..... And I could see that they were emotional.
N: Sweetie, this is beautiful. You didn't have to do all this.
Me: Yes, I did. I remember momma telling me that this is where you had your first kiss and wanted to prepare something special.
M: Whatever you had done would've been special to us, because it was you doing it and YOU are special to us.
Me: I appreciate it........ But enough chit-chat. It took a lot to put everything together for tonight on a short notice and you're going to enjoy it.