Chapter 12

Wanda and I headed downstairs and went into the kitchen where my aunts were making coffee.
Me&W: Good morning.....
N: Good morning.
M: Morning. And here you go..... 2 black coffees.
W: Thank you Maria.
Me: Thanks.
M: No problem.
N: So..... How did you guys sleep?
Me: Like a log..... I'm loving getting more than 8 hours of sleep. I feel energized and happy.
M: That's great sweetie.
Me: Do you know when mom and dad will be here?
N: Yeah, they said they'd be here around lunch.
Me: Ok, I need to tell them about Wanda and I'm afraid of how they'll react.
M: Just remember sweetie that whatever happens, we're here to support you.
Me: I know but I'm still nervous. Like everyone knows except them. I know everyone accepts and supports us but still...... I don't know.... Have you seen uncle Tony? I need to talk to him.
N: I think he's in the lab.
Me: Let me go and talk to him about this internship real quick.

I went to the lab and knocked on the door.
T: Who is it?
Me: It's me tin-man. Can I come in?
T: Yeah, of course.

He unlocked the door and I entered.
He didn't let anyone go into the lab, because he always kept his new tech there and didn't want anyone to mess with his things.

T: Good morning kiddo....
Me: Good morning....
T: Before we do anything, give me your hand.
Me: Why?
T: Just give it to me!

He grabbed my hand and placed it on a scanner.
T: There. Now you can access the lab whenever you like.
Me: You added my prints to the system?
T: Yup!
Me: Thank you uncle. Can we talk about this internship more?
T: Yes. I had my team draw up some paperwork yesterday. Come on, let's sit down at the desk and talk.

(After discussing it for a while)

T: So basically, all this says is that you have full control over what projects you like to work on and how much time you want to invest in them.
Me: Got it!
T: It also says that you'll be my intern and not the company's intern like the others. Which means that you'll spend your time here at the compound working and learning with me in this lab, rather than learning under another person at Stark Industries. You'll also receive a monthly salary of 10k. And if you do great work, I can always add to it.
Me: 10K?! As in 10 thousand dollars a month?!
T: Yup. You deserve it.
Me: Thank you uncle.
T: That's basically it. If you want to show it to a lawyer or something, I totally understand.
Me: Don't be silly. It's not like you're going to trick me or anything. You love me too much to do anything like that.
T: Now, that is true. Ohh and 1 more thing. It says that the internship is for a period of 6 months. But we can prolong it if you decide that you want to continue. It's you choice.
Me: Where do I sign?
T: Right..... Here....

After I signed, Tony gave me a hug.
Me: Hey uncle, can I ask you something?
T: Of course kiddo.
Me: How do you think mom and dad will react when I tell them about me and Wanda? They don't know that I'm a lesbian nor about my relationship with her.
T: Wait. Are you two official?
Me: Yeah, we are.....
(Tony hugged me again)
T: I'm so happy for you kiddo. Honestly, I have no idea how they'll react but whatever happens, we all love and support you.
Me: Thank you. Now, let me go back and tell them that they're looking at the first and only intern of Tony Stark.
Tony laughed and said:
T: Go......

I went back to the kitchen and opened the door dramatically to find Wanda, aunt Nat and aunt Maria talking.
Me: I'm back bitchess!!
W: How'd it go babe?
Me: Well, you're looking at the first and only intern of Tony Stark. Not an intern of Stark Industries, but the one and only Tony Stark.
N: That's amazing sweetie. Now, how does this work? What are your hours?
Me: So basically, he gave me full control over what projects I want to take part in and the amount of hours I want to put in. I can go into the lab at any time and leave at any time.
M: Woww, you got yourself a pretty sweet deal.
Me: As well as a pretty sweet paycheck. For my efforts, I will receive a salary at the end of each month that is larger than all of my savings combined.
W: Nicee..... Well, I'm happy for you babe. You deserve it.