Chapt. 7 The Mission

I shook my head, walking the subway, but I felt my spidey sense looking to my right. I saw on the bar a plant growing at an oddly fast rate, downwards and to the sewer. I remembered the reward in the paper for proof of the plant monster, so I went in Peter's house and took it, leaving a note.

Dr. Stacey's pov:

"Subject Dr. Stacey Wendell. Current temperature 105.1. Standing for 48 hours blood panel revealing limphozite and monazite readings consistent with subjects past. Heart rate 700 beats per minute."

Spider-Woman's pov:

I traveled upside down on my webbing through the sewer hole, looking at my surroundings. Figuring out how this is gonna work.

Dr. Stacey's pov:

"Aging rate vastly improved extraordinary enhancement in- muscle response, strength, and flexibility

Spider-Woman's pov:
I attached my webbing to the other sewer ways I was in front of, making my trap. Only thing is, where's the trap.

Dr. Stacey's pov:

I took my glasses off, and my ring from my widowed husband. I don't need them anymore. "Eyesight vastly improved subject no longer needs corrective lenses." I paused. "This is no longer about curing fear or death or whatever it was I was fighting for. This is about, about... Perfection. In attempt to regress relapsed dosage has been increased by 800 kilograms." I said, grabbing the syringe, stabbing it into my skin, and plunging the liquid into my veins. I looked back at the camera and smiled, smacking it out of the way.

Spider-Woman's pov:

I lied on my web playing bubble witch on my phone as I felt one of my webstrings vibrate. Along with my spidey sense going off. I lifted my head off the webs, looking in that direction. I pulled down my mask as I felt my spidey sense two more times. I saw a shadow in one of the tunnels and soared in anticipation. But all I saw, was a vine growing on my web and downwards. I sighed. "Ok good because I thought I was in trouble-" I was smacked down onto my web by something. I looked up and it was the Plant Lady. That's a good name, I'll call her that now. I heard the the flash sound from Peter's camera. I saw one of the pipes start to break as I tried to resist her. Her thorns for claws close to my face. "You stopped me once. You will not do it again." She said holding onto my throat and choking me. I grasped for air where it wasn't, as her thorns came closer to my collar bone. My eyes widened under my mask as I tried to arch my back away from him. "It will be impossible the weaker you get the stronger I'll be!" She said piercing my skin and dragging her thorns in my skin. "Mmgnfmgmgh!" I said my voice muffled. It brought it's hand up to take of my mask as I grabbed onto its hand. Another flash of the camera and I was free of her hold, punching her in the face as the pipe fully broke and we were plunged into the sewer water. We fought each other as we sank down into the murky mess. She grabbed hold of both of my arms so with moth of my feet I pushed off of her face, swimming away and disorienting her. I tried slinging a web but it didn't work. My eyes widened again. Note to self: make web slingers water proof. I swam as fast as I could as she caught up to me. I broke one if the metal bars and swam through the hole. Leaving Plant Lady in my wake. I passed out as I hit my head on a surface but woke up a few seconds later with air in my lungs. I crawled on to a ledge, flopping on my back. "I got p'wned." I said to myself. But I remembered the camera with Peter's name on it. But figured she wouldn't find it, hopefully.

I crawled on Peter's fire escape. Breathing hard. Seeing him on his computer researching gamma radiation and some giant green monster I didn't pay attention to. I sat down slightly groaning in pain. And knocked with my fist weakly. He smiled and nodded his head to come in without saying a word. "Maybe you should consider the lobby next time." He said, still not knowing the pain I'm going through, probably because my back was to him. I smiled weakly. "And shouldn't you be worried about your Dad that's having a full on manhunt for you?" I chuckled slightly. "Well ya see-" "Oh my gosh..." He trailed off when he saw me. "Paisley, what happened?" He said worried, and picking me up, laying me on his chair. "Don't worry about me, you should see Plant Lady." I panted. "You know, Dr. Stacey?" I heard Peter's Aunt walking up to his door. "Peter? Do you want dinner right now?" She asked as I purposefully fell off the chair with a thud. He opened the door with his shirt off, abruptly. "No mom I do not want dinner right now!" He said sounding irritated. I heard a pause. "Well I'm sorry dear I just wanted to know because I remember someone saying a few weeks ago that all they wanted to do was live in a house with nothing but food in it. And that you wouldn't care if you got fat!" I snickered.

"Well that's stupid!" He said closing the door, opening it again he said, "And diabetic!" He said closing the door again. I looked over the chair, smiling at him. "Ha ha ha... Fat Peter." I said looking at him and imagining it. He rolled his eyes and opened the door again. "I-I'm sorry Aunt May it's just, I'm a dude and I'm sorta dealing with.... With hormones right now." "Oh. Oh! Ok say no more! Tell me when your ready!" She responded. "Thanks Aunt May." He said closing the door again. I laughed. "Hormones."

He wiped at my cuts with my shirt off, but a tank under. (Get your mind outta the gutter!) "Ah.." I trailed off. I looked into his eyes as he smiled and brushed his lips with mine. "Woah there arachnaboy ." I whispered. He chuckled slightly. "What'd you say?!" He whispered back. He tried to kiss me as I moved away. "No." I whispered. "Yes." "No." "Yes." I shook my head. "I know how this is gonna turn out." I said to him. "What do you mean?" He asked. I shook my head. "Everyday my Father puts his life on the line fighting criminals. And that's what you and I do each night. I couldn't, cope with myself if either of you got hurt. This is why I work alone." I said looking into his eyes, tears filling mine. He held onto my head as I tried to move it away from him. "Hey." He said looking into my eyes. "We gotta stop her though. You and me, together, as a team." I shook my head. "No, I have to, because I made her." "What?" He said confused. "I gave her my algorithm for the plant serum. I'm responsible for this." I paused again, to swallow the lump in my throat. "It was something my mom was working on. Her and Stacey were partners. But I know that she kept that part secret. Now I know why. Peter this is my problem, and I have to fix it." He shook his head. "No. I'm not just gonna sit back and let you get slaughtered." "But I work alon-" "We, work alone." He corrected. "Hey." He said again. "Let's go for a swing." "What?" I whispered. "I said let's go for a swing!" He said. I shook my head. "No." "Yes!" "I too tired tonight!" "Then I can carry you!" That thought entered my mind, I looked up at him, and smiled.