Chap. 5 The becoming of Spider-woman

I walked into class and started drawing what I wanted my out come to be for my suit. I pulled my hood over my earphones to hide them. I felt a pair of eyes on me so, I looked up, and saw Peter, then I looked back down. I have to stay focused, "I work alone, or not at all." That's what my Aunt always said. She was stubborn that way.

I got home with some materials for the mask I was making. My mom taught me how to sew when I was little, so, I finished it quickly. I put the mask on and pulled my hair through the hole for it. I got my uncles pointed sunglasses and pulled them over. I went outside, looking for trouble. I saw a man who looked like the guy I was looking for mugging a dude. I jumped out of my hiding place and slapped the money out of his hand, pinning him to the wall. I looked at his wrist and didn't see the tattoo. I slammed him into the wall knocking him out, picked up the dudes money, and gave it to him. I walked out of the alley. My mask untouched.

That night I searched on my computer "OSCORP webs" and I read about their mechanically enhanced spider webs. "Well I can't make that but I can steal it and make a copy." I said to myself, smiling. I went in there and crawled through the vents. I got into the room. And stole 20 sets of tiny pieces of metal they used to make it. I got out as quickly as I came. And no one even noticed.

I went to the basement to get to work. Apparently, only one of these stores 300 meters of the stuff or something like that. I got two of my old battery controlled bracelets that lighted up and squirted water on the other side, opened and removed the small microchip then I added a hand exoskeleton I made for a 3rd grade science fair project, so that when I put my middle and third fingers towards my wrist, it triggers my webbing to come out.

I put it on a board and attached it to all the other microchips I had to the bracelet.Then I programmed the commands into my computer, and put one of the metal pieces in. I wiped my fingers. I wonder what would happen if I touched it- "OW! Mother forklift!" I said as I got stung.

I tried to get it to shoot a web. But instead it splayed out on my face. "Ew!" I said as I scraped it off. I backed away a little, and got one of those wielding masks and put it over my face. Then I hung up my bullseye I got for free from a cereal box, and pressed the button again. This time it actually shot a web! I smiled, flicking it and smiling when it didn't flinch. It's completely durable! "Gahh!" I said voicing my nerdy happiness. See! It pays to be a science geek!

I got on my roof, and ran to the ledge. I flipped over, free falling downwards. My feet went to the side of the wall and I pushed off. Then I realized that I was gaining speed. I pressed my web button and the webbing shot out of it. The webbing was too long so my feet skidded across some tables and chairs. Once I hit the ground I figured it out. However long you press the button, that's how much your webbing is going to get. I went back in the house, acting like I didn't just knock down ten chairs.

That night I took a micro chip I had found and programmed it so when I plugged it into my phone it would be a police scanner. I pulled my mask over making sure my glasses went over my eyes and were secure. They described the man I was looking for on my police scanner. I got up from my squat on the building. And put my phone away. I jumped off. And realized I had nothing to stick to. "Oh no oh no oh no oh no!" I looked around, looking for some place to shoot my webbing and found a helicopter. I pressed the button and my webbing shot out, sticking to it. I swung onto another building and got on a canopy, I jumped from that, the canopy flinging me into the air higher. I landed on the building roof top, I shot my webbing and made the guy stop and fall I pulled him up by my webbing to the rooftop, looking at his wrist. Nothing. I left him for the cops in webbing.

The next day I saw another criminal, caught him wrapped him up in webbing, and looked at his wrist, nothing. It's a good thing I'm on top of the police station. I hung him over. And stuck my webbing to wall in front of me swinging on it. I heard gunshots and I slightly freaked. Why does everyone want to step on the spider? Thank God I got out of there in time. That night I crawled through my window and looked up: "girl super heros". I hate skirts. Please don't be skirts please don't be skirts please don't be- and there's skirts. "Skirts, skirts, everything skirts!" I said looking through the pictures.